Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Pioneer PDP-5010FD serial RS232 Protocol?

Anyone got the (or a link to the) RS232 protocol for the Pioneer PDP-5010FD plasma? The online manual at Pioneer's website doesn't.

Thx

Comments

• Options
    Pioneer Plasma RS232

Here is a bunch of them...the PRO-110FD is supposedly the same as the 5010FD.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home+Entertainment+Custom+Install/RS-232+Codes/ch.Plasma+Displays.Default
  • Options
    vitovito Posts: 2
    Pioneer PDP-5010 fd

I was told by Pioneer Tech support that this is not controllable by 232 (factory setup only). Has anyone actually had success with the 232 protocol? If not is there a discrete IR files for on/off and input selects? I tried using the hex codes supplied on line by pioneer and making my own IR file but the unit did not respond. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    roognationroognation Posts: 138
    RS232 YES

This Pioneer unit does in fact allow serial port control via RS232. Use the codes from the PRO-110FD; also I have PM'd you my include file used for control. Looked something like this:
    // ACTUAL DISPLAY, Pioneer	PDP-5010FD	rs232 9600-n-8-1	2-blu-2	3-orn-3	5-brn-5; RS232 codes from PRO-110FD

INTEGER nDISPLAY_STX_01 =	$02	// BEGIN OF TRANSMISSION
    char 	sID_Display01[2] =	'**'
    INTEGER nDISPLAY_ETX_01 =	$03	// END OF TRANSMISSION

integer nDisp01_Inp_DVD =		4	// Inputs
    integer nDisp01_Inp_CableBox =	5

CHAR	sDISPLAY01_CMD_INPUT [3] =	'INP'
    CHAR	sDISPLAY01_CMD_AR [3] =    	'SZM'
    CHAR	sDISPLAY01_CMDS_PON [3] = 	'PON'
    CHAR	sDISPLAY01_CMDS_POFF [3] =	'POF'
    CHAR	sDISPLAY01_CMDS_VOL [3] =	'VOL'

SEND_STRING dvDISPLAY_01, "nDISPLAY_STX_01, sID_Display01, sDISPLAY01_CMDS_PON, nDISPLAY_ETX_01"		// turn power on

If you need more, I can post other snippets or dig for original documentation.

Aloha,
    Mike