Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Lutron HomeWorks QS vs. Intercative differences

I wonder if the AMX module that works with Homeworks Interactive will also work with the HomeWorks QS. Have Lutron changed the protocol? Are the strings any different? I've been using the 'HWInteractive.tko' non duet with my own UI for years and the systems have been as reliable as it gets. Any ideas or suggestions? Any sample code from a QS system? Thanks.

Ricardo

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    No. The syntax you have in the RA2 I module I sent you is basically the same as the HomeWorks QS (P6 processor) and it is completely different from the standard P5 processors.

On the bright side the QS provides an integration xml file that could be used by pulling it from the P6 processor to config the AMX module. No hand entry of dimmers names, scene names, rooms, etc. So far the protocol isn't 100% so in theory is should be an improvement. We'll see!
  • AMX just released the Lutron QS module. It is available to download under the 'search third party devices'. Looking forward to hear some feedback from those on the field. I have a large project that I will need to integrate QS in a few months from now.