Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Revising old code on an old system

I am a newbee on an old AMX system. We have axcent II and III and old AMX touch screens from 1988. We have problems with the unit not switching the projector input after warmup, even if the input is selected 1 minute after projector warmup. We are trying to get through the next few years until we are able to replace the old units with new ones.
The code looks fine to me, but I would like a second opinion. Is there anyone who is willing to take a look at this code and offer suggestions?
NOTE: I am not the original coder for the system, therefore I will email anyone who wants to see the code to protect the innocent.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Go ahead and post the section in question. My guess is it's pretty simple.
  • andrea.wandrea.w Posts: 4
    Here's the code

See what you think.
    No responses

Hi,

I haven't gotten any responses, so I am reposting my inquiry.

Thanks to anyone who can help out!
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    The waits only accumulate to 470 in total. And then another 10 is added before the call to the projector source. So it makes the request during warm-up of the projector. Most projectors don't accept any commands during that time. Or return a simple status string. Don't know how long the warm-up time of this particular projector is though. Or it's protocol. But that's where I'd look.
    System Power on waits 15 seconds?

From what you have said, you are saying that there is not enough time between the warm-up wait and the source select. Here is where you see 470 total, but really there is only 300 after the projector is turned on. Since it could take up to 2 minutes, should I increase to 1200?

DEFINE_CALL 'SYSTEM POWER ON'
    {
    IF (NOT(SYS_PWR)){
    SEND_COMMAND TP,'PAGE-WARMUP'
    WAIT 150 SEND_COMMAND TP,TP1_BUF
    SEND_COMMAND TP,'TEXT99-Warming Up... Please Wait' (* Sends warmup message to button 99 after pageflip *)
    WAIT 20 ON[RELAY,AUDIO_PWR] (* Any page using the projector must have a button 99 *)
    CALL'NEC_PROJ_CONTROL'(NEC_ON) (* to display this message *)
    PULSE[RELAY,SCRN_DWN]
    WAIT 300 SEND_COMMAND TP,'TEXT99-' (* Removes text from button 99 after warmup *)
    CLEAR_BUFFER TP1_BUF
    ON[SYS_PWR]
    PROJ_SOURCE = 0
    }
    }
    Jorde_V wrote: »
    The waits only accumulate to 470 in total. And then another 10 is added before the call to the projector source. So it makes the request during warm-up of the projector. Most projectors don't accept any commands during that time. Or return a simple status string. Don't know how long the warm-up time of this particular projector is though. Or it's protocol. But that's where I'd look.
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    andrea.w wrote: »
    From what you have said, you are saying that there is not enough time between the warm-up wait and the source select. Here is where you see 470 total, but really there is only 300 after the projector is turned on. Since it could take up to 2 minutes, should I increase to 1200?

DEFINE_CALL 'SYSTEM POWER ON'
    {
    IF (NOT(SYS_PWR)){
    SEND_COMMAND TP,'PAGE-WARMUP'
    WAIT 150 SEND_COMMAND TP,TP1_BUF
    SEND_COMMAND TP,'TEXT99-Warming Up... Please Wait' (* Sends warmup message to button 99 after pageflip *)
    WAIT 20 ON[RELAY,AUDIO_PWR] (* Any page using the projector must have a button 99 *)
    CALL'NEC_PROJ_CONTROL'(NEC_ON) (* to display this message *)
    PULSE[RELAY,SCRN_DWN]
    WAIT 300 SEND_COMMAND TP,'TEXT99-' (* Removes text from button 99 after warmup *)
    CLEAR_BUFFER TP1_BUF
    ON[SYS_PWR]
    PROJ_SOURCE = 0
    }
    }

You're right, missed that in my calculation. So yeah you should add that to it. Assuming the NEC doesn't process the commands it receives during that time.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    My experience has been when it doesn't go to the correct source on startup, it's because you didn't wait long enough. It's annoying, because sometimes it can be a pretty long wait, and you don't want to stretch it any longer than it has to be. It also doesn't always show itself as a problem, because people tend to use the same source most of the time, so it's already in the right selection, and you don't know it actually missed the command.