Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

9000i Left side hardbutton graphic disable?

Is there a way through code or setup to disable to "pop out" graphic?

Through setup i disabled them...and it disabled functionality ie: i couldn't get into setup via button press, however the graphic "pop out" was still active even when disabled.

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    I don't have one here to check, but I remember there being a setting in the setup pages specifically to turn off the graphic, labeled as such. You don't need to turn off the functionality, and if you do, you only make life hard. Look again.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    livewiresi wrote: »
    Is there a way through code or setup to disable to "pop out" graphic?

Through setup i disabled them...and it disabled functionality ie: i couldn't get into setup via button press, however the graphic "pop out" was still active even when disabled.
    John is correct there is a setting in the SETUP pages to disable the "flyout" (?) pop ups. You must have disabled front panel access instead.
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Go into protected setup, under display turn off Flyout menu.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    I turn this feature off. With it on it requires the user to press the desired button twice -- the first time it shows the flyout menu but doesn't issue the command.

Actually on the only 9000i I've done the dealer requested that I disable the external buttons buttons altogether. The capacitive (or whatever it is) buttons don't function as reliable as a traditional "hard" button, and the navigation side is useless since it is completely flat. What is the point of external buttons if you have to look down to see where you are touching?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Colzie wrote: »
    I turn this feature off. With it on it requires the user to press the desired button twice -- the first time it shows the flyout menu but doesn't issue the command.

Actually on the only 9000i I've done the dealer requested that I disable the external buttons buttons altogether. The capacitive (or whatever it is) buttons don't function as reliable as a traditional "hard" button, and the navigation side is useless since it is completely flat. What is the point of external buttons if you have to look down to see where you are touching?
    I use all buttons on the transport to create one big button that just loopsback to the TP the sleep command. The 4 buttons on the left I too disable.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    While I agree in general about just avoiding the buttons, customers seem to demand that they do something and act like the dealer is cheating them if they leave them out. So we make them touch-and-hold to set to what the customer wants on them, defaulting to nothing. We manage our own fly-out that automatically shows what they've assigned to each, if anything. So if they want it bad enough to deal with it, it's their choice. Most times, having the choice satisfies them without actually using the choice... as the customer eventually comes to the same conclusions we have here.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I prefer to make my own flyout; pressing the button twice to get something to happen defeats the purpose, as far as I am concerned. I pretty near universally set the hard buttons for two things I expect the user to want to have at hand no matter where they are in the control tree: volume and channel up/down (substituting next/prev for channel on disc players). Often, the customer will ask for the same button duplicated on the touch surface, and I will accommodate them, though I hate the clutter.