Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Power Assign only the Port?

Is it possible to Power Assign only the port on a page of buttons? I have a single Sat DVR page, but 5 identical DVRs, and I have copied and pasted the page, and renamed the copies to follow the naming convention of the DVRs. I want to just change the port # on each page. For coding, I have created a panel port (10001:1:0, 10001:2:0, etc) for each of these DVRs, which is why I want different port numbers. The channel numbers are already assigned. Thanks!

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    vegastech wrote: »
    Is it possible to Power Assign only the port on a page of buttons? I have a single Sat DVR page, but 5 identical DVRs, and I have copied and pasted the page, and renamed the copies to follow the naming convention of the DVRs. I want to just change the port # on each page. For coding, I have created a panel port (10001:1:0, 10001:2:0, etc) for each of these DVRs, which is why I want different port numbers. The channel numbers are already assigned. Thanks!
    Sure, open the page or pop up you want to edit then click on the edit tab in TPD4 > find & replace, select current page, scroll down on the left side to "programming" and check port and enter the current value. Do the same on the right side but enter the port number you want. Click replace all.

I would much prefer just having one TP page for all the instances then have one for each instance. It's just a matter of tracking which device you're controlling and routing to the appropriate device. Of course if you're using one of those existng AMX module that requires a UI instance for each UI and each device then it's a lot of work to re-write it.
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    Thanks! That helps a lot!