Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware AutoPatch Forum
Options

Autopatch HDMI-UTPRO-0808 and SKY systems (one of the most known EUROP. Sat decoder)

Here in my city, we have in a residential site an HDMI-UTPRO matrix that provides HDMI video signal of some sources to a lot of SAMSUNG TV.

One of the sources is SKY, another is mySKY.
SKY and mySKY are one of the most known European Satellite decoders.
You should have a same kind of digital satellite there in your European country.
I am able to duplicate an issue, when the SKY unit change resolution to 576, matrix repeatly provide a blank video for 5 seconds, the correct video image for other 5 seconds, then again a blank video for 5 seconds and so on...
For sure, the issue does not depend on the RX-HDMI receivers, TVs, connectors or cables, just on the matrix itself.
EDID programming does not fix the issue.
Do you have any experience to tell me?
If so, did you find as workaround a specific settings to apply in order to clear the issue?

Issue is escalated under AMX RFI 16762.

Thanks
Fabrizio

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Here in my city, we have in a residential site an HDMI-UTPRO matrix that provides HDMI video signal of some sources to a lot of SAMSUNG TV.

One of the sources is SKY, another is mySKY.
    SKY and mySKY are one of the most known European Satellite decoders.
    You should have a same kind of digital satellite there in your European country.
    I am able to duplicate an issue, when the SKY unit change resolution to 576, matrix repeatly provide a blank video for 5 seconds, the correct video image for other 5 seconds, then again a blank video for 5 seconds and so on...
    For sure, the issue does not depend on the RX-HDMI receivers, TVs, connectors or cables, just on the matrix itself.
    EDID programming does not fix the issue.
    Do you have any experience to tell me?
    If so, did you find as workaround a specific settings to apply in order to clear the issue?

Issue is escalated under AMX RFI 16762.

Thanks
    Fabrizio
    Can you config the sky boxes to upconvert to a fixed output resolution?
  • Options
    Autopatch HDMI-UTPRO-0808 and SKY systems (one of the most known EUROP. Sat decoder)

Yes, already tried to 1080p without success.
    Problem shows at the time we change Program Channel, and the HDMI signal changes resolution, even for short time.
    No TV shows any issue, by connecting directly Satellite to TV. Problem shows when passing through the matrix. It is as though matrix could not decide the final output resolution between the two formats: 1280x720 and 720x576.