Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Inspired Signage - Digital Signage
Options

Additional XPress templates

The latest IS-SPX-1000 programming guide suggests that there are additional templates available for download from the AMX site:

"While AMX InspiredSignage XPress contains many pre-loaded templates for building XPress projects, many
others are available for download at www.amx.com."

The question is... where are they ?

Dave

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The only ones I've seen are Xpert, and you have to purchase them. Doesn't mean they aren't there, but I haven't seen any.
  • Options
    Dave_UK wrote: »
    The latest IS-SPX-1000 programming guide suggests that there are additional templates available for download from the AMX site:

"While AMX InspiredSignage XPress contains many pre-loaded templates for building XPress projects, many
    others are available for download at www.amx.com."

The question is... where are they ?

Dave

The only "templates" i can tot of is the link below.

http://www.thinkinspiredsignage.com/products/inspiredXpress.aspx#tabs

Like DHawthorne, I always tot templates are associated with Xpert player.
  • Options
    Dave_UKDave_UK Posts: 54
    jason.lim wrote: »
    The only "templates" i can tot of is the link below.

http://www.thinkinspiredsignage.com/products/inspiredXpress.aspx#tabs

Like DHawthorne, I always tot templates are associated with Xpert player.

They are 'projects' not 'templates' though. The Xpress templates are the SVG docs for things like clocks, news, playlists etc.

"Having installed XPress, you can also benefit from a set of pre-defined SVG documents called templates. You
    can find these templates under the collection My Templates in the default Workspace view. Provided templates
    include:
    - Multilayer templates with different aspect ratios
    - Text templates
    - Playlists templates
    - Animated Clocks (analog and digital) templates
    - Templates for displaying RSS data from a web site"

"Appendix C - Adding Additional Templates to AMX InspiredSignage XPress

While AMX InspiredSignage XPress contains many pre-loaded templates for building XPress projects, many
    others are available for download at www.amx.com. These include templates for multiscreen content (please
    reference the Synchronized Content section on page 55) and interactivity (please reference the
    Interactivity section on page 71).
    After downloading the templates from the AMX web site, you will need to install them in the My Templates
    folder in the XPress directory. For instance, if you made a standard installation of XPress to your computer in
    Windows 7, the template files will be located at C:\Program Files\AMX Control
    Disc\InspiredSignage\XPress\share\templates"

Dave
  • Options
    Dave_UKDave_UK Posts: 54
    It appears that the multiscreen templates are included with the SpinetiX version of the software.
    (There are also some more demo projects, tutorials and documentation there.)

Apparently the layout templates shown in the first XPress tutorial video have been deprecated due to the freeform layout capability of the the latest players/software.

Dave