Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Issues with TPDesign4 v3.1.643

After loading TPDesign4 v3.1.643 onto machines running XP SP3 it seems to have caused some rather significant issues.

Following installation the machines BSOD at login with the error:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

This issue has occurred on two machines running different builds. It was the only software modified prior to rebooting. As it's an issue with the Logon Process this also prevents from booting into safe mode.

I've shot tech support here in oz an email with the info. It may be something not playing nice with our particular builds but just though I'd give a heads up. I'd be keen to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Comments

• Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    PhreaK wrote: »
    After loading TPDesign4 v3.1.643 onto machines running XP SP3 it seems to have caused some rather significant issues.

Following installation the machines BSOD at login with the error:
    STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down.

This issue has occurred on two machines running different builds. It was the only software modified prior to rebooting. As it's an issue with the Logon Process this also prevents from booting into safe mode.

I've shot tech support here in oz an email with the info. It may be something not playing nice with our particular builds but just though I'd give a heads up. I'd be keen to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

I did the update a while ago and I haven't had those issues (fortunately). Also running on Windows XP SP3 - 32 Bit.

Good luck
  • DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    So that's what happened to it! had the same thing with an xp vmware installation last week.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Just had this happen to a tech who is out of town (6 hours away.) Needless to say, we're just a little bit pissed since he now can't get his RTI files and do what I needed him to do. There goes updating my R4s.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Good to know it wasn't just us. Has anyone reported it to tech support in the states?
    Reported it today. I still need to get the exact message that is displayed when he tries to boot, but I'm gonna guess it's the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FYI - same message as u got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    I've been holding off on updating until I hear that this has been resolved. Anyone heard anything back from AMX about this issue?
  • JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have not seen that problem.

I have had a ton of problem with crashes, especially if I try to copy and paste a page or pop-up too rapidly(like with ctrl-c/ctrl-v) Then it jsut stop running.

Oh and whoever screwed around with the text editing page needs to have their hands slapped. You can no longer use a ctrl-enter for a line feed when entering text into a button. If you have more than one line of text you have to open the text edit dialog box. One more extra step that I don't need.
  • GregGGregG Posts: 251
    JohnMichnr wrote: »
    Oh and whoever screwed around with the text editing page needs to have their hands slapped. You can no longer use a ctrl-enter for a line feed when entering text into a button. If you have more than one line of text you have to open the text edit dialog box. One more extra step that I don't need.

Thanks for the warning, I'm still on .634 and guess I'll hang back until I hear if the next one after .643 has this fixed (unless forced to update for model # support reasons). The Ctrl-Enter thing is one I use daily, if not hourly.