Home AMX User Forum Duet/Cafe Duet

Cafe Duet and Eclipse

Cafe Duet is built on the Eclipse platform, but it is customized for the Duet and Netlinx specific requirements. For anyone using Duet that also programs generic Java applications in Eclipse, have you found a way to use a single standard Eclipse IDE that can correctly edit/compile Duet modules using J2ME (1.4, I think) and current Java applications using the latest 1.6 release?

Currently, I just run two copies, standard Duet for Duet modules and Eclipse for everything else. I haven't found the magic trick to combine the two into one.

Just curious if anyone else has.

Thanks.

Sheldon Samuels

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    You can change the compiler settings on a per-project basis.
  • svTechsvTech Posts: 44
    Yes, I am aware of that. But I guess my question was more related to the fact that Duet is built on an older version of Eclipse and there isn't, to my knowledge, a way to add the Duet plugin to other versions of Eclipse. So, we have to either stay with that older version or run two copies, Duet plus any newer version like Galileo separately.

Have you or anyone been successful in running Duet on a full Eclipse environment?
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Anyone had any luck with this as of yet? You can install the duet plugins (works with indigo) but the module creation and JAR exported is borked. I haven't had to much of a chance to look into why yet... maybe tomorrow.