Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    That looks cool. They really need to get it working with a VPN connection tho, if, as they say, it only works with wifi. The other thing they need is a log viewer/parser. Maybe even a settings parser. They could easily telnet into the processor, run a few commands and parse the data to give you a break down of memory settings, IP settings, URL list, devices online, that sort of thing. Ohh and then be able to email that report.

Wait a second, I should write my own app! If only I weren't so lazy...err I mean busy :)

Jeff
  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    That looks cool. They really need to get it working with a VPN connection tho, if, as they say, it only works with wifi. The other thing they need is a log viewer/parser. Maybe even a settings parser. They could easily telnet into the processor, run a few commands and parse the data to give you a break down of memory settings, IP settings, URL list, devices online, that sort of thing. Ohh and then be able to email that report.

Wait a second, I should write my own app! If only I weren't so lazy...err I mean busy :)

Jeff

It seems to work cellular, I connected to my internet system. I am assuming VPN will work too...

Cheers!

Jeff
    Cool. Any word on the other things I wanted? :)

Jeff
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Oh the things you can do with inside information (i.e. being a former employee) . . . I wonder who could have written that app. Hmmm! ;)

Maybe I should sell the ICSP encryption algorithm or something even better! And to think - I was never an employee!

Nice looking app by the way.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    The App works! Could be useful in a pinch when a laptop computer is not available, to do troubleshooting.

Doesn't seem to do Diagnostics though, only Notifications... which is ironic given its name ;-)
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    ConnectBot is a nice terminal app for Android phones. I have used it with AMX systems a few times to watch my debugging print statements and to quickly check what devices are online without pulling out a laptop.

It's not quite the same as the iPhone app, but still useful.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Nice!!
    Ve ry nice!
    mpullin wrote: »
    The App works! Could be useful in a pinch when a laptop computer is not available, to do troubleshooting.

Doesn't seem to do Diagnostics though, only Notifications... which is ironic given its name ;-)

I am sure the APP will get many enhancement, keep the ideas coming!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Idea:
    The iNI. - a virtual Netlinx Master.
    Send me the check when you're done.
    E
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    The price makes this a no-brainer. NetlinxDiag has been added to my toolbox.

AMXJeff – Thanks for your past contributions to the forum, you’ve been an invaluable resource. I hope you continue to chime in from time to time.
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    The price makes this a no-brainer. NetlinxDiag has been added to my toolbox.

AMXJeff – Thanks for your past contributions to the forum, you’ve been an invaluable resource. I hope you continue to chime in from time to time.

I do poke my head in from time to time, you "regulars" are the ones that keep the forum working. Leaving me very little to comment on... Keep up the great work!

Jeff
    mpullin wrote: »

Here is a future release candidate with Diagnostic Messages...

I would love to get some positive reviews from you guys on the APP store if you feel so inclined, Thanks!

Jeff
  • pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    This is great!!

I'd like to see a way of having the device list save alongside the IP of each master though, trying to debug the M2M systems here is a bit convoluted with having to re-enter the devices each time (unless I'm doing something wrong!)

Also, I can't seem to edit the devices after entering them, I have to delete the device then re-enter it.
    just another thing, how does it look on an iPad?

I need to find justification for getting one and if this is actively developed, I reckon I might be able to get one!
    pdabrowski wrote: »
    This is great!!

I'd like to see a way of having the device list save alongside the IP of each master though, trying to debug the M2M systems here is a bit convoluted with having to re-enter the devices each time (unless I'm doing something wrong!)

Also, I can't seem to edit the devices after entering them, I have to delete the device then re-enter it.

I like your idea in saving the Notification Device List with the favorites. Hmm...

I need to find justification for getting one and if this is actively developed, I reckon I might be able to get one!

If there is a big call for the iPhone version, I will migrate it to a universal version with a new GUI for the iPad, it would be a free update for those who bought the iPhone version. But for now it looks the same on the iPad...
    Any thought on my suggestions to grab the memory settings and a few other key settings? I occasionally forget to set route mode direct or bump the duet memory up. Maybe get:
    The URL list.
    The state of device holdoff.
    Queue sizes.
    Max buffers.
    Show buffers.
    Show Mem.
    Current System number.
    Serial Number.
    Firmware versions

And anything else that would could cause problems if not set properly or that could be useful at a later date.

:)

Ohh, and the ability to email the above report to someone.

Jeff
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368

The app or an iPad? If you need justification to spend the $4.99 for the app then you need to have a serious talk with your boss or wife. :) If it's the iPad you're referring to then I understand.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    +1 for an iPad version with more room for text, less frantic scrolling....
    vining wrote: »
    If it's the iPad you're referring to then I understand.

It's the iPad.. managers seem to have no problem giving a suit wearer one, but the actual techs on the ground are stuck without useful toys.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Idea:
    The iNI. - a virtual Netlinx Master.
    Send me the check when you're done.
    E

Whoa. Easy, cowboy. Let's just start out with iDipSwitch and see how that goes.
    1.0.1 Released

1.0.1 Released :)
    just got the update Jeff, looks good, the diagnostic view is a good idea.
    John Nagy wrote: »
    +1 for an iPad version with more room for text, less frantic scrolling....

I have borrowed an ipad from the boss and tried it, as the app is just set as an iphone only app, the window size stays the same as the iphone, you can get the app to fill the ipad screen but as this zooms the whole app you don't get any extra real estate.

Any possibility for a future version to be universal?
    just got the update Jeff, looks good, the diagnostic view is a good idea.

I have borrowed an ipad from the boss and tried it, as the app is just set as an iphone only app, the window size stays the same as the iphone, you can get the app to fill the ipad screen but as this zooms the whole app you don't get any extra real estate.

Any possibility for a future version to be universal?

Yes... I am planning on it...