Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Feature Requests

Push Notifications

Hi there,

There is in the general also a message about the same.
Copy :
Push Notifications
So in my tests I was unable to make a "Wake" panel on the iPad

I can understand this as being an iPad limitation, however we could use Push Notifications in order to warn the client that he has an important information on the Touch Panel.

Is this possible? Or is this on the to do list?

I'm thinking on situations like, when someone rings the bell, and AMX automatically shows a popup with the front door camera there.

This would be a nice option,
for warnings or for events what the client whats to recieve though a push notification.

Comments

• Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    nielsy wrote: »
    Hi there,

There is in the general also a message about the same.
    Copy :
    Push Notifications
    So in my tests I was unable to make a "Wake" panel on the iPad

I can understand this as being an iPad limitation, however we could use Push Notifications in order to warn the client that he has an important information on the Touch Panel.

Is this possible? Or is this on the to do list?

I'm thinking on situations like, when someone rings the bell, and AMX automatically shows a popup with the front door camera there.

This would be a nice option,
    for warnings or for events what the client whats to recieve though a push notification.

iOs Push Notifications are text + sound only, nonetheless you could have it with "View" and "Cancel". Where View would take you to the page, and cancel would just ignore the push notification. You could also have updates in badges.

This is possible in Apps, I don't know if you can do it through the tpcontrol app.

If the panel is locked you wont be able to wake it from an app. (Other than push notifications)
  • Notifications - New in TPControl v2.0.0.0

Notifications: A new feature provided in TPControl for Apple v2.0.0.0 and TPControl for Android v2.0.0.0

The following Touch Panel Control send_command operations have been implemented for use with:
    TPControl v2.0.0.0 or later:

*** Background multi-tasking messages ***
    "'TPCNotify-<text message>'"

Apple:
    - Presents a notification window when the device is running in background mode, with title "TPControl". If a <text message> is included, the text is presented within the dialog notification window.
    The notification window will provide 2 options; "Close" and "TPControl".
    Pressing "Close" will close the notification.
    Pressing "TPControl" will return to the NI Master "'TPCNotify-Accept'", and the device will relaunch TPControl.

Android:
    - Presents a notification alert when the device is running in background mode, with title "TPControl". If a <text message> is included, the text is provided within the notification list for review.
    Pressing the notification will return to the NI Master "'TPCNotify-Accept'", and the device will relaunch TPControl.

Examples:
    "'TPCNotify'"
    "'TPCNotify-A visitor is at the Front Door'"
    "'TPCNotify-There is an incoming call. Return to TPControl to answer'"
  • svTechsvTech Posts: 44
    "WAKE" command vs Push Notifications??

For a typical AMX touch panel, the "WAKE" command will wake up the touch panel if it had gone to sleep. Does the "WAKE" command do anything for an Apple or Android TPControl app?

Push Notifications are very cool, especially if that is the only way to wake-up the app.
  • The "WAKE" and associated "SLEEP" commands are supported within TPControl for iOS and Android. Please note that OS restrictions limit turning off the lighting component hardware altogether.
    The method for "WAKE" will not present a notification when TPControl does not have application focus. The 'TPCNotify' method may be used for this purpose.
    ----
    Touch Panel Control Team