Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Converting a .tp4 file to .tpd

Hi,

I don't "want" to do this, but I may have to in providing a workaround for a failed touch panel.

I have a small, but politically dynamite room which has a solitary wireless touch panel, an MVP-5150 installed for control.

For some unknown reason, a wired backup wasn't installed alongside and of course the 5150 has failed leaving the room not controllable.

The file is a TPD4( .tp4 )file but due to a number of reasons, I do not quickly have access to a spare G4 panel capable of using a TPD4 file.

What I do have however, are multiple spare AXD-CP4/A panels which whilst not providing the same screen real estate, could certainly still work as a backup touch panel.

To do this however, I need to be able to convert the TPD4 ( .tp4 ) file to a TPD3 ( .tpd) file.

TPD4 has the option to upgrade a TPD file but doesn't have an option to do this in reverse.

Any help or comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    You have elected to do lots of work to save a little money. A questionable choice.

I don't think there is any automated way to make this easier, you can go page by page and recreate everything from the G4 in the G3 editor. And hope the author of the original G4 project stayed withing the parameters of the G3 world, i.e. only 4 ports, only 256 channels per port, no animations, no dynamic images, no transparency to speak of, limited layers in popups, limited memory for pages and images, etc.

Good luck, depending on the G4 project, this might take only a few hours or might be impossible.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not doing it to save money, rather time.

<<Scrambling for a usable spare in as shortest time as possible.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Although I cannot see your tp4 file, I'd be willing to bet the G3 touch panel doesn't have enough RAM to hold your graphics. The bottom line is there is no way (that I'm aware) to go backwards.

You will have to start from scratch.

AMX can expedite shipping. Might be your best solution.
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies.

Will try to get that done.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't think it would save much time either, in the long run. But what you can do is give the customer a "temporary" panel. Make it basic and ugly, so he has no inclination to keep it, and provide it as a loaner until he can get his G4 panel repaired or replaced. Just give him enough for on/off, volume, and source selection, and whatever control is only absolutely necessary. You could probably whip that up pretty quickly.
  • Options
    You could load the tp4 file into iridium for windows and give them full control using a PC

We do this as a backup all the time