Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

RMS & Recurring Meetings

We're using MeetingManager 3.3 and have run into a problem where Exchange resources with declined instances of recurring meetings will still have the declined instance show up in RMS as a valid meeting. I believe this is happening because RMS reads the recurrence information on its own and adds them to its internal calendar rather than adding them based on the Exchange calendar.

This is a problem with the settings we have in Exchange because we've set it up accept recurring meetings and decline only individual dates that conflict rather than declining the entire schedule.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks.
-benjy

Comments

• edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Benjy wrote: »
    We're using MeetingManager 3.3 and have run into a problem where Exchange resources with declined instances of recurring meetings will still have the declined instance show up in RMS as a valid meeting. I believe this is happening because RMS reads the recurrence information on its own and adds them to its internal calendar rather than adding them based on the Exchange calendar.

This is a problem with the settings we have in Exchange because we've set it up accept recurring meetings and decline only individual dates that conflict rather than declining the entire schedule.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks.
    -benjy

has anyone know about the fix of the issue... Is it possible to have a recurring button on the touchpanel, and how this would be programmed
  • Recurring meeting instance exceptions

Recurring meeting instance exceptions are not displayed accurately in RMS. Recurring meeting instance
    exceptions are one-off modifications made to individual recurring instances that do no follow the
    recurring pattern established when the recurring meeting was initially created. RMS does display and
    synchronize all recurring instances that are not exceptions to the recurring pattern.

This problem was addressed and will be provided in a new plug-in due for release Nov. 1 2011.
    The plug-in is only for Exchange 2010 using Web Services, it does not use MAPI so the customer must use the new version of Exchange to get this fixed.
    Doug Hall wrote: »
    Recurring meeting instance exceptions are not displayed accurately in RMS. Recurring meeting instance
    exceptions are one-off modifications made to individual recurring instances that do no follow the
    recurring pattern established when the recurring meeting was initially created. RMS does display and
    synchronize all recurring instances that are not exceptions to the recurring pattern.

This problem was addressed and will be provided in a new plug-in due for release Nov. 1 2011.
    The plug-in is only for Exchange 2010 using Web Services, it does not use MAPI so the customer must use the new version of Exchange to get this fixed.

does this relate in to schedule a recurring meeting from touchpanel.
  • RMS & Recurring Meetings
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    has anyone know about the fix of the issue... Is it possible to have a recurring button on the touchpanel, and how this would be programmed

It is only possible to schedule a one time event from a touch panel
    It is only possible to schedule a one time event from a touch panel

Is there any sample programming or module to schedule a recurring meeting...
  • edgelitoc wrote: »
    Is there any sample programming or module to schedule a recurring meeting...

Sample code and panel files are in the RMS SDK posted on amx.com
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506

Doug, couple of questions.

1) I have seen nothing in the RMS Exchange Plugin documentation about the plugin using Exchange Web Services. Is this new from the upcoming release?

2) Does this mean that AMX will not be supporting versions of Exchange pre Exchange 2010 moving forward?
    Sample code and panel files are in the RMS SDK posted on amx.com

Doug follow up question,
    Is there a recurring meeting command that was not yet published on RMS SDK as I could not found it on your website
  • Auser wrote: »
    Doug, couple of questions.

1) I have seen nothing in the RMS Exchange Plugin documentation about the plugin using Exchange Web Services. Is this new from the upcoming release?

2) Does this mean that AMX will not be supporting versions of Exchange pre Exchange 2010 moving forward?

The Exchange 2010 plug-in is not yet announced or released so you will not find anything about it on AMX.com. AMX will not release a new version to support MAPI but users may continue to use the oild one with the recurrence bug.
  • edgelitoc wrote: »
    Doug follow up question,
    Is there a recurring meeting command that was not yet published on RMS SDK as I could not found it on your website

No there is no way to schedule a recurring meeting from a touch panel.
    No there is no way to schedule a recurring meeting from a touch panel.

thanks Doug for the reply, another question.
    Is there a way to change dates, months, year to schedule from touchpanel, as I have notice I can only schedule a meeting within a day....