Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Unable to download compiled program to axcess system !

Hi,

Just experienced a very strange issue with NSX latest release today ! I needed to reload program in an old axcess cardframe. I can see all devices of system in online tree but unable to reload program. Each time it gets an error with a problem of getting memory size ! Did anyone already got that issue ?

Thanks,

Vincèn

Comments

• HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    vincen wrote: »
    Hi,

Just experienced a very strange issue with NSX latest release today ! I needed to reload program in an old axcess cardframe. I can see all devices of system in online tree but unable to reload program. Each time it gets an error with a problem of getting memory size ! Did anyone already got that issue ?

Thanks,

Vincèn

Try compiling the program without code.

Added:

To answer your question, yes, I have seen times when a program compiled with code was too big for an Axcess card frame (enhanced master card, as I recall) but could be loaded when compiled without code. You can also make the compiled code smaller by clipping comments, but maybe not small enough.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Check with tech support - there may be a fix for this.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Hedberg wrote: »
    To answer your question, yes, I have seen times when a program compiled with code was too big for an Axcess card frame (enhanced master card, as I recall) but could be loaded when compiled without code. You can also make the compiled code smaller by clipping comments, but maybe not small enough.
    Good point but I should have added that program is pretty medium in size and fits without problem with source, I loaded same program in same master with old version of nsx from an other computer !
    jjames wrote: »
    Check with tech support - there may be a fix for this.
    A fix to get NSX able to download axcess program ? I'm more and more disappointed with AMX releasing programming tools without minimum check that basic features are still working :(

Vincèn
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    In all honesty, this revision is junk anyway - I'd suggest downgrading. There is nothing worth upgrading to.
  • I have the same problem with 2 accent 3 devices today. Bug in Filetransfer 2? How can i go back to an earlier version? I do need backward compatiblity with at least accent 2 and 3 devices.
  • Hhhhmmm, it seems when i run FileTransfer 2 on its own (not within Netlinx Studio) i CAN download the program to the accent3 device. Maybe this is a (temporary) solution for Vincen too?
    freijnen wrote: »
    Hhhhmmm, it seems when i run FileTransfer 2 on its own (not within Netlinx Studio) i CAN download the program to the accent3 device. Maybe this is a (temporary) solution for Vincen too?
    Yep good idea but I already tried and it's exactly the same :( I'm concerned that Filetransfer and NSX share same engin for download of files now, no ?

Vincèn
  • I think that NSX call filetransfer2 within it's own application to download the files.
    So, yes, they must be the same engine, i think.

But it did work for me to run filetransfer 2 on it's own, so i guess it's a compatibility issue between NSX and Filetransfer 2. Did you try to shut down NSX completely and run Filetransfer on its own?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is a patch available. Call tech support, they will point you to an FTP site where you can download it. I can confirm this absolutely ... I had the same issue, called it in, got the patch, and was immediately back in business with my Axcent project.
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    There is a patch available. Call tech support, they will point you to an FTP site where you can download it. I can confirm this absolutely ... I had the same issue, called it in, got the patch, and was immediately back in business with my Axcent project.
    Thanks for the info :) Unhappy I was on site only two days so had to use laptop of customer to be able to work, really nice and professional :(
    I still can't understand why AMX is not able to test basic features of a new release are working before they release it ! well probably for same reason as IREdit is still unable to manage correctly serial port through USB adapter :(
    And it looks that unless they discovered the issue they didn't update the current release, pfiu....
    Vincèn
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Not that it's much of an excuse, but I imagine they didn't think many people were still using Axcent controllers much, and it got short shrift, or perhaps completely overlooked. I'm also surprised there hasn't been a maintenance release, as well as a replacement for the fubar'd TPD4 install on Vista.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    vincen wrote: »
    IREdit is still unable to manage correctly serial port through USB adapter

This isn't IREDIT's fault, as I have used IREDIT for several years on several laptops using several ISB to Serial adapters that work 100% fine. And I have tried some that did not work. So the variation is dependent on the adapter, not on the software. There's a raft of valid things to complain about in IREDIT (like windows 7 compatibility) but USB use isn't a fair one.
    John Nagy wrote: »
    There's a raft of valid things to complain about in IREDIT (like windows 7 compatibility) but USB use isn't a fair one.
    I'm sorry but I don't share your positive attitude about that USB issue ! It's there since years and AMX never did anything about it and problem is present with a bunch of USB/Serail adapters ! And that problem exists only with IREdit, I use multiple other programs that use serial ports and I never had any problem with any of these on USB/Serial adapters !

Vincèn
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    I won't reject your experience or conclusion, I just have a different experience.
    You probably already know this, but the USB "serial" port can show up at varying COM numbers at different times on the same PC. When mine doesn't talk, I look in the DEVICE MANAGER for COM ports, and see what number we have today... tell IREDIT (and NLStudio, etc.) and it works again. For me, with my adapter.
    John Nagy wrote: »
    You probably already know this, but the USB "serial" port can show up at varying COM numbers at different times on the same PC. When mine doesn't talk, I look in the DEVICE MANAGER for COM ports, and see what number we have today... tell IREDIT (and NLStudio, etc.) and it works again. For me, with my adapter.
    Thanks for the info but as you guessed I already know that :) and in fact with the current usb/serial adapter i use, the COM used is always the same, it's fixed ! so I'll continue to use a separate windows with Panja Studio to be able to capture IR correctly :(

Vincèn
  • John Nagy wrote: »
    This isn't IREDIT's fault, as I have used IREDIT for several years on several laptops using several ISB to Serial adapters that work 100% fine. And I have tried some that did not work. So the variation is dependent on the adapter, not on the software. There's a raft of valid things to complain about in IREDIT (like windows 7 compatibility) but USB use isn't a fair one.

Hello,

Which serial to usb adapter do you used without trouble with IREDIT since all that time? As i get the same trouble than vincen with IREDIT since the begining. All the adapter i use except one are completely unstable with IREDIT (only with IREDIT). The one that work is working approximately. Can you give us the models? Thanks
    Did someone would be nice to share the patch ? as I don't have time to call tech support to get an update to resolve an issue created by AMX !
    Why that patch is not avalaible on website ? AMX, it would be nice to explain it !