Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Inspired Signage - Digital Signage
Options

date_time.svg not updating

Anyone else have any clients complaining that the date_time.svg file doesn't update, causing them to have to do a hard reboot of the player?
Had to go on numerous out-of-town service calls for this very reason and still no resolve.

Comments

• Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    Maybe this is your issue
    Occasionally an HMP does not update the date to the current day, until it is rebooted.

This is a problem affecting older versions of some date/time templates. To remedy, open the template in a text editor such as Notepad++ and replace the line of code: timer=createTimer( days-now, days ); with timer=createTimer( 60*1000, 60*1000 );
  • Options
    I can confirm this.

Related to the new software/firmware, my client had to open project (created with older version of xpress software), replace date_time with the "new" date_time (from the new software template folder) and then it started update the date again as expected!

Hope this helps!

Kenneth

Kenneth K
  • Options
    kennethk wrote: »
    I can confirm this.

Related to the new software/firmware, my client had to open project (created with older version of xpress software), replace date_time with the "new" date_time (from the new software template folder) and then it started update the date again as expected!

Hope this helps!

Kenneth

Kenneth K

so you're saying, make sure the software is updated, once updated, replace the date_time.svg in the project with the date_time.svg from the template folder?
  • Options
    champ wrote: »
    Maybe this is your issue

opened in notepad and did not find this line. not saying this isn't the issue, just didn't find that particular line of code.
  • Options
    so you're saying, make sure the software is updated, once updated, replace the date_time.svg in the project with the date_time.svg from the template folder?

Thats what i tried to say :)

Looks like its been some kind of change...

Dont know what happend but this helped my customer.

Kenneth K
  • Options
    Oh...

And remember latest Bootloader and firmware (all on amx.com) for the player itself.

Kenneth K