Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Controlling a PC with older stuff

I have a NI-700 and a Viewpoint VPN-CP and I have a need to control a PC running iTunes.

1) Can it be done and how? or 2) Upgrade the panel to a Modero and use Real VNC?

Thanks, dsmith

Comments

• I think you could use the autonomics control module for iTunes. This would give you 2 way control of itunes as if it were an ipod.
  • dsmithdsmith Posts: 30
    sphere27 wrote: »
    I think you could use the autonomics control module for iTunes. This would give you 2 way control of itunes as if it were an ipod.

I think my issue is the VPN-CP touchpanel. Even though it's a 2 way panel, I can't send PC information to it, being a G3 panel. I need to upgrade to a Modero. Comments?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The VPN-CP is not a two-way panel. VPW-CP is the two-way model.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    THe VPN is indeed two way, exactly as is a VPW. It is the VPT that is one way. You will not find modern UI modules like Autonomic for G3 panels - they've been discontinued for years. While they can certainly do a lot, they can't do dynamic images (cover art), transparent bitmaps, animation, high resolution, or high color. The panel series that replaced it is about to be replaced... time to move on.