Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Latest TPD4

So far, so good it appears. I'm glad they restored the functionality of CTRL+Enter for a new line of text. Anyway . . .

There appears to be a problem / bug they have failed to fix over the past 5 years - or at last as I can remember. I don't know about you guys, but I rearrange all of my toolbars, and create custom ones to cut down on the amount of space used up on top. In addition to that, I also add several keyboard shortcuts, such as various alignment commands.

After every update of TPD4, it erases all the shortcuts and defaults my toolbars. Needless to say, this is extremely annoying. I've likened it to requesting a fix to your desktop and the IT department does the fix, as well as replacing your keyboard with a Dvorak layout and swapping out your monitor for a lower resolution. It's unacceptable for this problem to even occur because all they need to do in their installer (I'd assume) is NOT modify the particular registry keys that hold all that information.

This being said, can we all band together and call tech support to report this "known issue"? AMX doesn't do squat unless they have a barrage of complaints - I've yelled so much about this over the past several years, that I'm my voice has become muted.

Don't forget - calling or emailing TS is the only way bugs will be fixed.

Comments

• AuserAuser Posts: 506
    jjames wrote: »
    After every[/i] update of TPD4, it erases all the shortcuts and defaults my toolbars.

FWIW, TS once told me that it was impossible to fix this issue as it relates to third party components that they are using. Nothing is impossible when you have 5 years to fix it IMHO!

Also, after much jumping up and down and throwing of poo, TS have told me that this version fixes the DLL stomping issue which bricks machines introduced in the last version's installer.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Auser wrote: »
    TS have told me that this version fixes the DLL stomping issue which bricks machines introduced in the last version's installer.
    Oh well, that's good. Nice of them to fix that minor bug.

@jjames, I've reported the toolbar issue from here as well in the past but I'll give them another prod.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    They are between a rock and a hard place with the toolbar thing. It's part of a 3rd-party library, and I would have to assume they won't license AMX to modify it or override it to a derivative version. So if the third party doesn't allow saving the settings, their only option would create their own ... which could not possibly be cost effective.

You can, however, at least save your keyboard shortcuts and other settings.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    They told me it also fixes the font distortion issue... some characters don't render in line with others (worst are in the AMX SYMBOLS) and the screen render of text sometimes cuts off the first letter of button text, and shows a wrap where none will occur on the panel. Haven't tested for those yet, but if anyone notices... yell out.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    You can, however, at least save your keyboard shortcuts and other settings.
    Aside from backing up the registry - how? I know you can do it in NS, but not TPD4.

John Nagy wrote: »
    They told me it also fixes the font distortion issue... some characters don't render in line with others (worst are in the AMX SYMBOLS) and the screen render of text sometimes cuts off the first letter of button text, and shows a wrap where none will occur on the panel. Haven't tested for those yet, but if anyone notices... yell out.
    Interesting. I had problems with the MVP-9000i wrapping stuff on the letter, and not on the word. So if the word "Cameras" was too long, only the "S" would appear on the next line. Not only did it appear this way in TPD4, but also on the panel itself. I'll have to do some testing too . . .
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    jjames wrote: »
    Aside from backing up the registry - how? I know you can do it in NS, but not TPD4.

OK, I feel rather foolish ... you're right, I was confusing NS with TPD4 on that account. Sorry.
  • Missing first letter

I just did a quick check on an MVP-9000 that had a missing first letter in TPD4 that showed correctly when loaded on the panel itself. It appears that the issue has been fixed, and I can see all letters in TPD4 as well as in PanelPreview.