Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

MVP-9000i New Frimware

I just uploaded the new firmware to 2 MVP-9000i TPs and one took while the other didn't. I followed the post upload procedures but I couldn't get the second to connect with the master. I performed both uploads remotely via a VPN connection but nothing I tried allowed the 2nd TP to connect so I rolled it back to the previous firmware and it connected to the master instantly. Tried the firmware upload again and the same thing, no connection so I rolled it back again and again I had a connection to the master.

The TP not connecting is in a dock and I disconnected the wired network long ago so it's strictly wi-fi now. The wired config is set-up DHCP (default) as instructed in the post upload procedure but it still doesn't work.

The TP that worked post upload is not in a dock and to the best of my knowledge that is the only difference between the 2 TPs other than their name, DEV number and IP addresses. Both wireless configs are DHCP and bound to static addresses in the server and obviously the wi-fi connection is rock solid since everything was done remotely over the network.

So both are now working, one is running on the previous firmware 2.53.24 and the other runs on the new firmware 2.86.28.

Comments

• AuserAuser Posts: 506
    The only thing I can suggest is hitting the reset to defaults button in the setup menus after the firmware update. I've seen lots of cases where new panels won't connect even though all the settings are entered correctly until after the settings are reset to defaults - could be that the firmware update performed as part of our local distributor's QA process is the cause of the issue.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    vining wrote: »
    I followed the post upload procedures but I couldn't get the second to connect with the master.

I know you said you followed the instructions, but just checking you caught the bit that says:
    Programming Information:

After upgrading you MUST resave wireless settings. You do not have to reenter the settings
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Auser wrote: »
    I know you said you followed the instructions, but just checking you caught the bit that says:

Yeah that's what i was referring to by the "post upload procedure" and i can't reset to defualts since i'm working remotely. I thought i was going to have go to the site just to roll back the firmware but the 9000i is nice enough to store the previous firmware and factory loaded firmware onboard so you just have to push the right buttons on the setup page to roll it back. Great feature for remote management and maintenance. I went from being royally f'd to being miraculously saved.