Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

DVX 2150

Are there a lot of issues with DVX2150. I just had an insane number of issues with it. It seems that some of the code I used (which are legacy code) caused the DVX2150 not to soft reboot - I had hard reboot. Even when I put a empty source code - it was doing the same. Please, let me know of any other issues with the DVX 2150. The DVX3150 seemed to be doing better.

Comments

• rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    kennyann wrote: »
    Are there a lot of issues with DVX2150. I just had an insane number of issues with it. It seems that some of the code I used (which are legacy code) caused the DVX2150 not to soft reboot - I had hard reboot. Even when I put a empty source code - it was doing the same. Please, let me know of any other issues with the DVX 2150. The DVX3150 seemed to be doing better.

When did these start shipping? According to the website they still aren't available. :confused:
  • kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    I think they are already shipping - I already programmed a DVX2150 and a DVX3150
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    If your "legacy code" refers to code for a DVX-2100 then maybe the issue is that some of the send commands have changed. There is no online DVX-2150 manual yet so I assume the DVX-3150 command set is exactly the same, maybe some channel events have been moved though.

I have programmed a DVX-3150 with no issues, in fact I loved the simplicity of it.
    Technically both units have the same processor and everything else is the same except less ports so The only reason they would behave different would be if the firmware is different, but even that would be identical except for some hardware addresses.

Maybe a pre-production unit accidentally found it's way to you and it's running an alpha firmware.

I think you will need to be more specific with the issues though.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    kennyann wrote: »
    It seems that some of the code I used (which are legacy code) caused the DVX2150 not to soft reboot - I had hard reboot. Even when I put a empty source code - it was doing the same.
    You're not talking about [post=59421]this bug[/post] by any chance?
  • I'm afraid you must be mistaken about the model number. The DVX-2150 is not yet shipping and has never been released for beta. Perhaps you mean the older DVX-2100?

There are a few name changes in the commands between the DVX-3150 and the DVX-2100. I recommend looking at the Operations Reference guides to verify that you are using the correct commands. The DVX-3150 guide contains a list of commands that have changed on page 65.

Jeff Burch
    Enova DVX Product Manager.