Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Compiling problem in Netlinx Studio

I downloaded a AMX home project and tried to build it. I get the following very cryptic error:

Starting NetLinx Compile - Version[2.5.1.10] [07-07-2009 20:39:34]
C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Main Line.axs
WARNING: C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Autopatch Switcher.axi(1193): C10571: Converting type [INTEGER] to [SINTEGER]
WARNING: C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Autopatch Switcher.axi(1205): C10571: Converting type [INTEGER] to [SINTEGER]
WARNING: C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Autopatch Switcher.axi(1222): C10571: Converting type [INTEGER] to [SINTEGER]
WARNING: C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Autopatch Switcher.axi(1234): C10571: Converting type [INTEGER] to [SINTEGER]
WARNING: C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Tstat Scheduling.axi(113): C10571: Converting type [SINTEGER] to [LONG]
WARNING: C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Tstat Scheduling.axi(114): C10571: Converting type [SINTEGER] to [LONG]
ERROR: (0): C10580: Internal Error: Major system error occurred during code generation
C:\amx\AMXhome\source\AMX home Main Line.axs - 1 error(s), 6 warning(s)
NetLinx Compile Complete [07-07-2009 20:41:51]

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    When you say 'downloded', what did you mean? From where did you download this project? That migt help with the analysis of the problem.
  • Options
    samansaman Posts: 2
    I used amxhome web configurator

The project was created using amxhome web configuration and downloaded the resulting project.

-Saman
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The integer to sinteger thing is benign, but that major system error is annoying beyond belief. I've only had that happen to me once, but in that case, I knew exactly what I had changed and was able to look there. It was some time ago, but as I recall, it has something to do with a module being passed parameter that met the type check, but were still wrong; the details elude me. As a starting point, I would try commenting out the modules section, and see if it compiles then. If it does, uncomment them one-by-one till it breaks again. Then at least you will know where to look for the problem.
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    saman wrote: »
    ERROR: (0): C10580: Internal Error: Major system error occurred during code generation

Most often caused by two instances of functions with the same name.

Dear Mr AMX, not a very useful error message - just like "Error - No Error" in TPD4.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Auser wrote: »
    Dear Mr AMX, not a very useful error message - just like "Error - No Error" in TPD4.

Its because in TPD4, if there are no errors then something is definitely very wrong :)
    Paul
  • Options
    Did you make any changes to the code Netlinx Studio prior to building it? That error in my experience is usually the result of an errant curly brace.

If you let me know what your dealership name is, and what project you are referring to, I can download it and take a look at it.

I apologize for the delayed reply. I didn't see your post and what is was referring to until today.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • Options
    youstrayoustra Posts: 135
    Just for the record, I got a "major system error" compile problem when I had 2 functions of the same name.
  • Options
    catalinocatalino Posts: 25
    I've also seen this when the Netlinx studio likes things in a certain order, or you try to do a declaration without a DEFINE_FUNCTION or DEFINE_VARIABLE tag preceding it.
    If you have includes, try moving them around the main source file until you find a place Netlinx Studio likes them.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I've seen this error when trying to run NS projects straight off my shared drive on my Mac OS server. Boy, NS really hates on the Macintosh. :)