Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Video Distribution with priority of control

Hello All,

We are looking for a solution for HDMI Video distribution to 24 zones.
8 Video sources ( 4 Decoder, Apple TV, Media Player, Du TV) all with HDMI connector type.

We are looking for followings functionality :-
1) All the video source need to be distributed to 24 zones.
2) Whoever selects a video source first, control via IR should be disable in other remaining zones.

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    First you need a switcher capable of at least 24x8 so how deep are your client's pockets? Just Add Power would be the least expensive option that I can think of and AMX's EnovaDGX32 would be the most expensive.

Everything else is just coding but it sounds like you're looking for a pre-package out of the box solution and that doesn't exist. You first need to find a switcher capable of what you want for the money the customer is willing to spend and that may be you biggest hurdle. Then you need to write a program or hire a programmer to do what you need and that too is also fairly expensive.

Are you at least a programmer? What type of client is this and what's the budget?
  • Options
    MMehtaMMehta Posts: 2
    vining wrote: »
    First you need a switcher capable of at least 24x8 so how deep are your client's pockets? Just Add Power would be the least expensive option that I can think of and AMX's EnovaDGX32 would be the most expensive.

Everything else is just coding but it sounds like you're looking for a pre-package out of the box solution and that doesn't exist. You first need to find a switcher capable of what you want for the money the customer is willing to spend and that may be you biggest hurdle. Then you need to write a program or hire a programmer to do what you need and that too is also fairly expensive.

Are you at least a programmer? What type of client is this and what's the budget?

Hi Vining,

Thanks for your reply.
    Well client is fine with budget, but can we achieve the following functionality as below:
    1) Whoever selects a video source first, control via IR should be disable in other remaining zones.
  • Options
    MMehta wrote: »
    Hi Vining,

Thanks for your reply.
    Well client is fine with budget, but can we achieve the following functionality as below:
    1) Whoever selects a video source first, control via IR should be disable in other remaining zones.
    That's simple to do in code.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Out-of-the-box software that does that DOES exist (ours does it). But I suspect these requirements are just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Options
    John Nagy wrote: »
    Out-of-the-box software that does that DOES exist (ours does it). But I suspect these requirements are just the tip of the iceberg.
    I wouldn't consider CineTouch to be an "out of box" solution since it's really an all or nothing solution. I can't see an existing system that now needs 24x8 hdmi switching with the specified abilities being easliy handled by CineTouch with out re-vamping the entire system's code structure. Plus all the existing devices would need to be supported by CineTouch.
  • Options
    jimmywjimmyw Posts: 112
    Go with Just Add Power, add a 48 port dell gigabit managed switch, call er done., the rest is just a little code.

Add 1 transmitter for each source, and behind each tv put a receiver. they recommend cat6 but I have had great luck with existing installs with cat5.
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    MMehta wrote: »
    but can we achieve the following functionality as below...
    Anything can be achieved, its just a matter of time and budget. But yes, in your case that functionality is quite simple to implement.