Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Looking for some 4G CF images for MVP-8400

I just repaired a couple 8400's that had bad CF cards, but my images were 128M and the cards are 8G. They work, but due to the size of the new firmware, I really could use that extra memory. If anyone has an image in the 2-4G range, I'd appreciate it ... would hate to have to send them in for something so easily fixable.

Comments

• Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    So as not to necropost the other thread, that partition tool either does not work on an MVP panel image, or I'm just not doing something right. It show 3 primary partitions on my working CF ... and any attempt to re-size any of them only increases the logical partitions, not the primary partition. Any guidance?
  • Options
    Answered my own question ... it doesn't support Linux Ext2/3 partitions, which is what we are dealing with here. So I'm back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Answered my own question ... it doesn't support Linux Ext2/3 partitions, which is what we are dealing with here. So I'm back to the drawing board.

Whoops! Sorry mate, that was for the CF card in a master.
    To resize the partition on a panel CF card you will need some other software or to boot into Linux.
    The easiest way is to download a Ubuntu ISO and use 'Try Ubuntu'.
    Then run GParted and resize the last partition.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers
  • Options
    I've already eaten my margins on this repair, and I do have it working for now ... going to have to just leave it be and deal with any down-the-road issues later. I can't take the time to load Linux on my machine (even if just a bootable version off a CD or something like it), and learn my way around it enough to do this. I'd still like to have a bigger image file if anyone has one around, for future considerations.
  • Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    Dave, the GParted command on a linux will resize the partition, but you have to boot into linux.

Can you post somewhere the 8400 image to download - thank you very much!