Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

MXT-2000xl: sub-pages

Has anyone spent any time experimenting with the sub-pages in the new panels? I have been playing with this for several days to see how the sub-page and sub-page view works. The biggest issue I see with this is the ability to display a pop-up page onto a sub-page and have it anchored to that sub-page. It doesn't seem like that functionality is built in to the panel. If this feature isn't added to the next release of firmware/TPDesign, the whole idea of sub-pages seem pointless to me. Anyone have any thoughts or work-arounds on this issue.

Frank

Comments

• gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    We have no plans at this time to change basic subpage behavior. What UI design problem are you trying to solve that would require attaching a popup to a subpage?
  • TechFreakTechFreak Posts: 39
    gsmith wrote: »
    We have no plans at this time to change basic subpage behavior. What UI design problem are you trying to solve that would require attaching a popup to a subpage?

Specifically, the panel is divided into 2 Sub-Page Views. The idea was to make what used to be page flips to a different page in the UI to be a double-wide single page view. They want the ability to swap the sub-page in the left view to the right view with the right going to the left. That part is no problem, however, once swapped, all the pop-ups that would have been popped up onto a page in past UIs, there is no ability to have that popped onto a sub-page instead. Specifically, RMS pages have multiple different pop-ups that overlay the RMS main page. If the RMS sub-page(right pane) is moved, all the pop-ups will still appear in the right 1/2 of the panel, but the RMS "page" is now in the left view. Hope this makes sense?

In more generic terms, I have used pop-ups to overlay buttons over the current page/source control pages to simulate adding/removing buttons, presets, etc. This will not be possible if the source pages are now sub-pages in a sub-page view without the ability to anchor it to the sub-page. In the pantastic UI example, all the source control "pages" are now sub-pages dynamically added/removed from the view with swip-to-scroll functionality to go between source control "pages".
  • I think it would be easier if you can oversize a page, give it a window to show within and allow scrolling. I have a huge matrix switcher and from what I understand, if I want to make a scrolling page for my source or output selection I need to make a popup for each input/output and assign them. That's a lot of effort to create a scrolling effect due to limited screen real estate.