Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

MXT-1000 Dynamic Image odd

I'm kinda stumped on an odd dynamic image behavior i'm getting on an X panel. My module for squeezebox switches the cover art to grey blank disk or grey radio tower image if the current queue and playing index is empty. When something is queued i get the cover art of the current playing index which displays fine. The grey cd disc or radio tower however does all kinds of freaky stuff. Sometimes the appearance of noise across the image that constantly shifts, sometimes with color variation that look like that last album art bleeding through. Other times it!s multiples of the disc or tower in a kaleidescope affect. Very bizarre and i've never noticed this on any of the non X series panels. In TPD4, dynamic images, the image refresh was zero now ten and dynamo is not checked although the dynamo icon does appear to the left, can't shake it.

Comments

• snoblesnoble Posts: 35
    Can you provide the image that you are having problems with?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Here's some 50% reductions. It never seems to happen with actual cover art whether it local stored music files or internet based like Rhapsody. The local stored files share similar file paths to the that of the blank CD or radio tower. I didn't get a pic of the full kaleidescape version of the disc where 5 discs are displayed at once and offset for each but I did get a double imgae. I also missed one where the CD disc and radio tower dispalyed simultaneously and sometimes I think the disc is displayed and the last actually cover art pic is interlaced with it.

I never get a clear image of the disc or radio tower, always broken up.

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 597
    Dan,
    Can you also attach the physical png file for the tower or blank CD?
    Here's the files. They're retrieved by this file path:
    Line     46 (07:55:43):: Command To [10006:9:1]-[^RMF-Cover_Art,%P0%H192.168.1.37:9000%Amusic/0%Fcover.png]
    Line     47 (07:55:43):: Command To [10006:9:1]-[^RFR-Cover_Art]

The device determines which image to serve based on whether internet music or local file music was last played or if no cover art is available for the local playing file or internet playing file.

Typical local file cover art path:
    Line      2 (07:53:46):: Command To [10006:9:1]-[^RMF-Cover_Art,%P0%H192.168.1.37:9000%Amusic/14%Fcover.jpg]
    Line      3 (07:53:46):: Command To [10006:9:1]-[^RFR-Cover_Art]

Typical internet (Rhapsody) cover art path:
    Line    320 (08:10:08):: Command To [10006:9:1]-[^RMF-Cover_Art,%P0%Hstatic.rhap.com%Aimg/500x500/8/6/7/5%F1495768_500x500.jpg]
    RFR followed but didn't copy

The CD and tower are .png images and I can retrieve them if I change the extension to .jpg but the served image is still a png so it's probably something to do with how the MXT processes dynamic png's. I changed the extension in code but when I retrieved the image using IE and went to save it I noticed it was a .png despite requesting a .jpg.
  • sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    I've seen this too - both with images from the TPC Sonos module and a standard image posted from a CCTV server. If you then put them into a sub page set and try and swipe between them it gets even worse - even if you remove the 'dynamo' tag.

Simon
  • snoblesnoble Posts: 35
    We had an internal report from our product verification group of a similar problem with certain png's occasionally being rendered with artifacts much like what you captured. That problem has been fixed and will be released in the next Modero X firmware release (2.103.x).

However, I tried the images you sent and could not reproduce the problem prior to the fix, so I am not able to verify whether the fix will fix your problem. If you are able to reproduce the problem using a static image in the TPD4 resource manager, I can test your pages to see if the upcoming release will fix your problem (if it does not, we will take a second look). You could also wait for the upcoming release and retest.
    snoble wrote: »
    We had an internal report from our product verification group of a similar problem with certain png's occasionally being rendered with artifacts much like what you captured. That problem has been fixed and will be released in the next Modero X firmware release (2.103.x).

However, I tried the images you sent and could not reproduce the problem prior to the fix, so I am not able to verify whether the fix will fix your problem. If you are able to reproduce the problem using a static image in the TPD4 resource manager, I can test your pages to see if the upcoming release will fix your problem (if it does not, we will take a second look). You could also wait for the upcoming release and retest.
    Thanks for the update, I'll check it out when the firmware is released and post the results.