Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Duet mod for sony proj FH30 returning negative lamptime

Hello,

I am using the AMX duet comm module for the Sony VPL-FH30 and when I query the lamptime it returns a negative number. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have seen this, does anyone else know what is wrong? Could it be bad RS232 cabling or just not interpreted properly by the module? I have seen this happen with a number of different projector models including the FX/FH30's.

Module Name: Sony_VPLFH30_Comm_dr1_0_0

Line 173 (07:44:09):: Command To [41001:1:1]-[?LAMPTIME]
Line 174 (07:44:09):: Command From [41001:1:1]-[?LAMPTIME]
Line 175 (07:44:09):: Command From [41001:1:1]-[LAMPTIME--2147483648]

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Yep. What you are seeing there is the default value (minimum integer) that is assigned to integer parameters within the standard module components when they are instantiated or reinitialized. If you query this before it has been updated by data from the device you will see this value returned.

To identify if your device is properly communicating have a look at channel 251 (SNAPI constant: DEVICE_COMMUNICATING).
  • Options
    MorrisMorris Posts: 21
    Thanks for your prompt answer

I will investigate. I have had a build running for days and still I receive this negative number so something must be wrong somewhere.

Thanks again
  • Options
    rrdbstudiosrrdbstudios Posts: 160
    Morris wrote: »
    Thanks for your prompt answer

I will investigate. I have had a build running for days and still I receive this negative number so something must be wrong somewhere.

Thanks again

Any luck on this, Im having the same exact problem and yes, 251 comes back off, despite having full communication with the projector via ip control
    Line     37 (15:48:27):: Output Channel:Off - From [41001:1:39] - Channel 251 

Line     39 (15:48:28):: Command From [41001:1:39]-[?LAMPTIME]
    Line     40 (15:48:28):: Command From [41001:1:39]-[LAMPTIME--2147483648]

Im assuming this is a duet module problem at this point.
  • Options
    MorrisMorris Posts: 21
    Hi,

I had no luck either so I wrote my own basic module. Im pretty sure it is a bug in the duet mod. I wouldn't expect it to be fixed any time soon. Here is the (partial) code I wrote, I hope it helps. I have over 200 FX/FH's that are using this to get lamp hours to RMS, seems to work fine.
    active(find_string(data.text,"$A9,$01,$13,$02",1)): //lamp hours
    {
        nLampHours = data.text[5] * 256 + data.text[6]
    }

Regards,

Morris
  • Options
    rrdbstudiosrrdbstudios Posts: 160
    Morris wrote: »
    Hi,

I had no luck either so I wrote my own basic module. Im pretty sure it is a bug in the duet mod. I wouldn't expect it to be fixed any time soon. Here is the (partial) code I wrote, I hope it helps. I have over 200 FX/FH's that are using this to get lamp hours to RMS, seems to work fine.
    active(find_string(data.text,"$A9,$01,$13,$02",1)): //lamp hours
    {
        nLampHours = data.text[5] * 256 + data.text[6]
    }

Regards,

Morris

I figured this was the case, Thanks