Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Tp4 file

If I understood correctly, a tp4 file is an archive with images, sounds and XML files with page layout... is it possible to "unpack" the tp4 file and access to its resources?
I was thinking to software generate some pages in a batch-way without use the copy/paste way of tpdesign... :D

Comments

• You can export the images.
    Goto Resource Manager (Ctrl + M)
    Select Resources and Eport.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Technically speaking, yes, they are essentially archives, however, they appear to not be in a format that is:

1) Not available to any (that I've found) archive software (i.e. WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRar, etc.)
    2) Not easily unpackable unless you have the file format.

I've thought about tackling this to make a "delete-only" Explorer type interface to remove those pesky fonts that stick around when you're not using them. ;)

Generating pages would be a whole other story, as the page definition files are in a compressed XML format.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I would wonder if his would be a violation of the software license agreement...
    What's the worst that could happen? They buy you out? ;)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    jjames wrote: »
    What's the worst that could happen? They buy you out? ;)

Most often in such cases, a "cease and desist" order. If they can prove financial damage, they can sue for that. I wouldn't expect AMX to pursue either, not in a minor infraction, but that's what other companies have done.

However, I find the entire "what can they do" argument very troubling. Is that what it's really come to? Agreements and promises mean nothing unless you get called on them?
    Dave, it was more rhetorical than anything. I can name one company that was sued / bought out / etc. for extracting TPD4 files and put them on phones and tablets . . . I wonder how well they're doing now.