Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

**ONSITE** Comcast/Xfinity New IR files Needed

They have a new remote. I have 3 boxes and need to try to get them working before the weekend. None of my existing Comcast/Cisco/Motorola/SA Codes work.

I need AMX, RTI, or Pronto format. Thanks.

For this remote:
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xr2-xfinity-tv-remote/

Comments

• BigsquatchBigsquatch Posts: 216
    This is all I have, hopefully they'll work with your box.

It's just a text file but you can paste them into IREdit
  • Bigsquatch wrote: »
    This is all I have, hopefully they'll work with your box.

It's just a text file but you can paste them into IREdit

Thanks.
    I did end up getting it mostly working, but I have a fair amount of double hits and timing issues. Favorite channel (XCH) macros don't work reliably at all, so hopefully your codes can fix that.
  • youstrayoustra Posts: 135
    Anyone got IR working for Comcast X1 Remote

Is this for the Comcast X1? I've searched briefly and read gnarly things. Have one incoming on a job and want to know if it's doable or if someone has pulled together a full IR file. I appreciate any experience/codes anyone can share.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Is this the Samsung box? If so, it responds to Scientific Atlanta codes. I know Optimum/Cablevision is switching to the Samsung, I haven't seen the new Comcast boxes yet.
  • mstocummstocum Posts: 120
    youstra wrote: »
    Is this for the Comcast X1? I've searched briefly and read gnarly things. Have one incoming on a job and want to know if it's doable or if someone has pulled together a full IR file. I appreciate any experience/codes anyone can share.

FYI, you cannot currently turn the X1 off via remote (on still works though). It was working, but Comcast pushed out an update to the boxes which disabled it. You can disable the on/off LED, however.
    Desperate cry for help: AMX + Comcast Xfinity X1 service & XR2 remote

Hey,
    I've thrown everything I can at this. I've searched all over the web. I know that Universal successfully created a code set that works with their RCs but I can't get anything to work w/ AMX for this Pace STB. I tried capturing into the IRIS from the Comcast remote and the URC remote with their code file. There's no CCF file available yet. This is a major new platform for Comcast. I'm assuming AMX will get something in their library given that URC has shown its feasible. Not sure I can wait that long.

Alternatively, if anyone has a list of tips & tricks that've worked w/ Pace boxes in the past, please let me know.
    How'd you capture them

Thanks so much - these work great. We were about to give up.

How'd you capture them? I've never hit a wall like this w/ IR.
    Request for Votes for InConcert Module: Comcast X1

Guys - if you've got 30 seconds to spare, can you click on over here

http://www.amx.com/inconcert/trednet.asp?page=vote

and select Comcast/Pace X1?

The IR file from the8thst is ok but still problematic. This X1 is a huge deal from Comcast. RTI, Logitech, URC, et al have created IR files but they've had to collaborate directly w/ Comcast. As far as I can tell this isn't a case of someone just using the IRIS.

So, I could use the help of the community to request AMX to call Comcast and get this thing figured out.

Thanks in advance. I've been sweating all month on this one...
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Anyone come across a file or the HEX for the Xfinity X1 boxes yet? From what I've read above they can't be learned plus I don't actually have the remote, I want o update this remotely.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Thanks, I also got the RTI Mega IR list from Joe Hebert which seems to have a X1 file, I'll compare the HEX and see if they're identical.
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Its been a couple years but I recall using bits and pieces from the Megalist and learning some commands in.
  • Is anyone aware of any word on an update/new version of IREdit?