Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

How to delete uploaded projects from NI 3000

I am new to AMX . I want to know how to delete the uploaded projects from NI 3000 or any other Netlinx master ? How to re-flash or reset the Netlinx to a fresh operating state . Please help .

Comments

• ppdkppdk Posts: 31
    Hi ciistech,

according to the Netlinx Controllers WebConsole Programming manual there is the RESET FACTORY telnet command:

Resets the Master to factory default state including removal of all security
    settings, removal of all user files, resetting to DHCP, and loading an
    empty NetLinx program. The Master will be effectively in an out-of-box
    state
  • And if you don't want to reset security and network settings you can use the telnet command CLEAN DISK to erase the program and any IR and UI files.
  • In addition to what Bigsquatch said, you can use 'clean disk -f' to remove everything, including user loaded duet files and other files in the protected file directories. I use this command over 'reset factory' to essentially achieve the same thing minus the reset of the network settings.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is also a CLEAN DISK ALL command that catches a few more items than CLEAN DISK (though I don't remember off the top of my head the difference). That's the one I generally use if I'm going to swap out processors with one of my spare or loaner units.
  • ppdk wrote: »
    Hi ciistech,

according to the Netlinx Controllers WebConsole Programming manual there is the RESET FACTORY telnet command:

Resets the Master to factory default state including removal of all security
    settings, removal of all user files, resetting to DHCP, and loading an
    empty NetLinx program. The Master will be effectively in an out-of-box
    state

Thanks , when i telnet to netlinx master & type the RESET FACTORY command then it returns with unknow command error. Clean Disk is working but i want to factory reset it . Inside Netlinx studio When i try to change the System number from 1 to 0 then it does not change the system number & says i dont have proper permissions. If i try to change the system number from 1 to 2 then it changes with out any issues.
    At the moment i only have IP connectivity , no physical connection access to NI 3000 as i just ordered a Db9 female to female crossover cable , hope fully it will work.
  • DHawthorne wrote: »
    There is also a CLEAN DISK ALL command that catches a few more items than CLEAN DISK (though I don't remember off the top of my head the difference). That's the one I generally use if I'm going to swap out processors with one of my spare or loaner units.

Hi thanks for the reply , i will try all the commands mentioned by you guys. Will leave feedback .
  • AMX_Chris wrote: »
    In addition to what Bigsquatch said, you can use 'clean disk -f' to remove everything, including user loaded duet files and other files in the protected file directories. I use this command over 'reset factory' to essentially achieve the same thing minus the reset of the network settings.

Hi Chris , I tried the command clean disk -f , it has cleared every thing , exactly what i wanted but now the web control is not working , when i put the ip address in the browser then it displays Access Error: Site or Page Not Found
    Cannot open URL.
    How to re load the web console ?
  • The webconsole is part of firmware and is not removed from telnet commands. My suggestion would be either to reboot your master, or attempt to connect with a non Internet Explorer browser. If you are uploading modules to the master via the web, use Internet Explorer because other browsers (like chrome) will introduce additional characters to the upload that will result in a failure. BUT, if you are just browsing to the NI webserver, I have found that Chrome is a good go-to browser when IE fails.
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    ciistech wrote: »
    Thanks , when i telnet to netlinx master & type the RESET FACTORY command then it returns with unknow command error. Clean Disk is working but i want to factory reset it . Inside Netlinx studio When i try to change the System number from 1 to 0 then it does not change the system number & says i dont have proper permissions. If i try to change the system number from 1 to 2 then it changes with out any issues.
    At the moment i only have IP connectivity , no physical connection access to NI 3000 as i just ordered a Db9 female to female crossover cable , hope fully it will work.

I don't believe that you can set the system number to 0. Each system appears as system number 0 to a program which is running on it, but I think that is just a sneaky little trick which AMX provides -- I don't think the master actually is communicated with as master #0.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Your System is NOT 0

Zero is NOT a valid system number . . . and it never was.
    When using the different tools in NetLinx Studio for troubleshooting and file transfer there is often a mistake made in entering your system number. Your system number is NOT 0, you need to enter your REAL system number during these procedures. 0 as a system number is a programming "WILD CARD" per se, when writing your code and using 0 as the system number you are making your code "PORTABLE" this will allow the code to run on any master it is loaded to and it will adopt that system number. A "REAL" system number will be between 1 and 65,535.

During a file transfer it is not necessary to enter a real system number, however if you are loading code to a master that is part of a master to master configuration and you enter 0 as your system number you are going to load the code to the master you are currently connected to. Therefore by entering your REAL system number you are ensuring a file transfer to the correct master.

When using CONTROL A DEVICE, EMULATE A DEVICE and when setting up DEVICE NOTIFICATION OPTIONS you must enter the real system number.

The easiest way to find your real system number is to refresh your system online tree in NetLinx Studio. The very first line will say "System X Devices [IP Address]" where X is your real system number.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Hedberg wrote: »
    I don't believe that you can set the system number to 0. Each system appears as system number 0 to a program which is running on it, but I think that is just a sneaky little trick which AMX provides -- I don't think the master actually is communicated with as master #0.
    This is correct.
  • DHawthorne wrote: »

As far as what it reports to the console, CLEAN DISK ALL is just CLEAN DISK. I noticed that any word after CLEAN DISK is ignored. "CLEAN DISK WATSON", is still a regular CLEAN DISK. The "-f" parameter is the only other one mentioned by AMX (TN989).

ciistech wrote: »
    Hi Chris , I tried the command clean disk -f , it has cleared every thing , exactly what i wanted but now the web control is not working , when i put the ip address in the browser then it displays Access Error: Site or Page Not Found
    Cannot open URL.
    How to re load the web console ?

Actually, ciistech saw an actual bug I've experienced, and just duplicated on 2 different processors. Right after a clean disk and before you reboot, the web control will fail to load. After a reboot, it works just fine.
  • AMX_Chris wrote: »
    The webconsole is part of firmware and is not removed from telnet commands. My suggestion would be either to reboot your master, or attempt to connect with a non Internet Explorer browser. If you are uploading modules to the master via the web, use Internet Explorer because other browsers (like chrome) will introduce additional characters to the upload that will result in a failure. BUT, if you are just browsing to the NI webserver, I have found that Chrome is a good go-to browser when IE fails.
    Hedberg wrote: »

@ Chris , I re flashed the Master & Device firmware & now the web server is working okay . Please tell me why reset factory command is not working via telnet ? Also when i ask for help then clean disk -f does not show up in the telnet commands . Are there any hidden commands or certain commands only work via serial programming port for security reasons.?

@ Harold as i said i am new to AMX & not know much at this stage , now as you & other guys have explained that 0 is not a valid system number & its only there for programming purpose , i understand the concept of it.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    "CLEAN DISK WATSON", is still a regular CLEAN DISK.
    That's not entirely true. If you actually ran that, good luck entering your NI-3000 in Jeopardy now.

• Have a NI2100, can get into it using serial fine but can't seem to get into it the IP method. What is the best way to reset the device?
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    I'll assume you have read the previous posts so have already tried 'reset factory' and connected the processor to a network with a DHCP server.

As you can connect with serial then use the 'set ip' command to give it a static ip address (don't forget to 'reboot') then try the web interface on the new IP address.

Try connecting with telnet to see if it is just the web browser that is disabled.
    The http port may not be default (set http port) so make sure it is 80.
    It could be security so try 'setup security' and make sure http is allowed.
    It could also be the security profile so try 'set security profile' then set to 0 (can only do this in terminal, not telnet).
    If security profile is not 0 then the web port is https port 443 by default and the password is different to the unsecure default password.
  • Got in thru IP. Did a CLEAN DISK and it worked. Current vesion is NI Master (v3.21.354) and NI2100 (v1.13.7). What would be the sequence to doing a firmware upgrade?
    THX
  • cannot log into ni-3000

I cannot log into ni-3000, I tried adminstrator/password, and Nelinkx/password and to no avail. Is there a way to wipe everything out to factory default? On Netlinx there is an option but I get error I need permissions.
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    if administrator/password doesn't work with IP connect via serial and type 'setup security' and change the administrator password. The 'setup security' command only works with a serial connection.
    if you need a password for a serial connection and you don't know it you are screwed, there is no back door so the unit must be sent to AMX to have a chip replaced on the motherboard.