Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

KNX Communications Gateway

adysadys Posts: 395
Hi

Has some one tried this new Gateway from AMX to control EIB?
Is there a module for it?

Thanks for any info

Ady.

Comments

• adysadys Posts: 395
    No one ever worked with this gateway?
  • RonenRonen Posts: 55
    KNX

Hi,

I worked with it in one project about 3 months ago. had to control shutters in a large house, no lights control. there is a module that you can find in the product area for the knx. when i worked with it it had no support for shutters, only lights, so i had to "trick" it a little to make it all work. but as far as i know they (amx) have pulished a new module and firmware update but i havn't checked them out yet.

if you have a specific question, i'll try and answer it :)

Ronen Katz
  • SarutSarut Posts: 4
    Hi Ady

You should ask the techsupport about the module. I have just remembered that they promised to release the module a few months ago.

Good Luck
    Thanks

There is no sign for a module in AMX site, I have to decide which gateway to use, and I will definitely will not choose a gateway without a module...
  • New firmware for the KNX Gateway available soon!

New firmware for the KNX Gateway significantly expands its capabilities. The KNX Gateway can now connect an AMX control system to virtually any device with a KNX port.
    NetLinx User Friendly - Native AMX D:P:S Device with ICSP
    Open implementation to provide NetLinx user all exposed command and feedback capabilities
    Extends AMX interface to KNX, beyond Lighting into full building device control
    Extend Data-Point Type Support to 14 Bytes - Time, Date, Temperature Values, and Text
    Feedback for KNX Actuators and Sensors
    This firmware release will upgrade old NXB-KNX without hardware modification.
    Firmware and Sample NetLinx Workspace should be posted on amx.com in before Aug. 1.
    Doug Hall wrote: »
    New firmware for the KNX Gateway significantly expands its capabilities. The KNX Gateway can now connect an AMX control system to virtually any device with a KNX port.
    NetLinx User Friendly - Native AMX D:P:S Device with ICSP
    Open implementation to provide NetLinx user all exposed command and feedback capabilities
    Extends AMX interface to KNX, beyond Lighting into full building device control
    Extend Data-Point Type Support to 14 Bytes - Time, Date, Temperature Values, and Text
    Feedback for KNX Actuators and Sensors
    This firmware release will upgrade old NXB-KNX without hardware modification.
    Firmware and Sample NetLinx Workspace should be posted on amx.com in before Aug. 1.

Thanks Doug

Whats with the netlinx module?
  • KNX NetLinx Module

The NetLinx Workspace is provided as a sample to help you understand how KNX devices may be controlled through the use of channels and levels.
  • New NXB-KNX firmware

AMX has released NXB-KNX Communications Gateway v.2.0.15 firmware and NetLinx sample code. The kit file and appropriate documentation are posted to the external website at:

http://amx.com/techcenter/firmware.asp?Category=Central%20Controllers#NXB-KNX%20Communications%20Gateway%20Firmware

Sample code is located here:

http://amx.com/techcenter/deviceModules.asp?Category=Central%20Controllers

Sample code is also linked from the NXB-KNX product page and available from the AMX Partner inConcert Resource Center.

It is a native NetLinx device which simplifies programming and diagnostics because it uses the standard NetLinx commands, channels and levels.
    Replacement for other popular gateways between KNX and AMX - It allows integrators to add the KNX Communications Gateway into existing installations without writing new code.

Note: NXB-KNX must have first been transitioned to a native NetLinx device using the individual firmware (v1.0.36) and application (v2.0.15) upgrade jar files. Upon reboot the device will become a native NetLinx device and can henceforth be upgraded via the KIT file.

New Features:

Release version 2.0 adds well-rounded support for KNX Data Point Types (DPTs), handling data lengths of 1-bit, 2-bit, 4-bit, 1-Byte, 2-Byte, 3-Byte, 4-Byte, and 14-Byte data.
    NXB-KNX Limited Release version 1.0 firmware, software, and documentation, is no longer supported with this version 2.0 release. This is due to its limited support for KNX LightSystem devices only.
  • naveennaveen Posts: 4
    knx

Hi guys ,
    Recently I worked on knx lighting system ..I have an a module to control lighting system with amx,any want mail me ..

Naveen
  • Hi Naveen,
    you should look at the example of NXB-KNX.
    There is an open module (simply a set of code) in which you must add every KNX address groups and control them.
    Did you download the sample code?
    Gianluca
  • Hi gianluca

actually i find the sample code for this NXB-KNX Module in AMX but it's little difficult to understand ,can u give me a link (for Simple set of code)