Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Old web interface

I am new to using NetLinx Studio so please forgive me if this is question is too basic for this board.

I have several classrooms that use this old web interface as the only UI, so if it locks up it can cause major problems. I’ll be upgrading everything over the course of the next few months, but I want to use the same GUI. How can I get the .tpd (web interface) files off of the amx controller (mostly NI-2100)? I can pull the source codes fine using NetLinx Studio, but when trying to get .tpd files it times out. It actually does create a file, but it is empty. Do I need to point to a different device number?

Comments

• vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Hum your question is not very clear but I mean you speak about old feature that allowed you to export TPD3 pages to web files to upload in Netlinx Controler ? if so it doesn't exist anymore and is no more supported by recent controler ! I guess easiest upgrade will be probably to use the NXV-300 (http://amx.com/products/NXV-300.asp)
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    why do you thing this isn't supported by newer controllers?
    I recently uploaded a webpage to a DVX3155, which is a fairly new controller if you ask me ;)
    yuri wrote: »
    I recently uploaded a webpage to a DVX3155, which is a fairly new controller if you ask me ;)
    Good luck if it works, but if I remember long time ago already that tech support told me it was no more officially supported and any issues encountered with it should not be reported as it's now no more a supported feature !
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    yuri wrote: »

The only thing I've seen that semi-reliably works on the web panel is if you keep everything on one page and this only if you don't put any graphics on it. Just plain buttons with plain text. The bottom line is that it's not supported and will probably some day go awy. I would not plan on using it on any new systems myself. You just have no guaranty that it will work.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    I think the OP was asking how to salvage the TPD file that generated the web pages, hoping it is in the NetLinx and can be extracted for reuse on real panels somehow. I don't think this will be possible, as the pages generated for use in the web interface are a type of xml, and there's no way back from them to a TPD format file.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    John Nagy wrote: »
    I think the OP was asking how to salvage the TPD file that generated the web pages, hoping it is in the NetLinx and can be extracted for reuse on real panels somehow. I don't think this will be possible, as the pages generated for use in the web interface are a type of xml, and there's no way back from them to a TPD format file.

The latter posts were in response to Yuri I think.
  • John Nagy wrote: »

Yes John, this is exactly what I was asking. I had a feeling this would not be possible, but had fingers crossed.

Thanks.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    The XML files will be in a folder in the file system in the Netlinx, and the individual files will each represent a page in the original touch panel file. You may find that it will help you recreate the TPD file (or TP4 file) by referring to the XML for button codes. You'll find that the text on the buttons is in HEX so some interpretation will be required... but it may be more help than nothing. If you go this route and have any further interpretation questions, I have a fair amount (too much!) experience in working with these files, and I may be able to help more. A short conversation with the file open in front of you may be useful, although you may find them obvious enough.
    carrizt wrote: »
    Yes John, this is exactly what I was asking. I had a feeling this would not be possible, but had fingers crossed.
    Sure if you want to keep exact same pages you can extract them from the NetLinx master and upload them to a new one by FTP :) login: NetLinx password: password if default login has not been changed :)
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    ericmedley wrote: »
    The only thing I've seen that semi-reliably works on the web panel is if you keep everything on one page and this only if you don't put any graphics on it. Just plain buttons with plain text. The bottom line is that it's not supported and will probably some day go awy. I would not plan on using it on any new systems myself. You just have no guaranty that it will work.

Yeah, I heard that some years ago too. We're keeping an old TPClasses.jar file just to keep things working for one customer :)
  • DVx3155

I have this DVX 3155 with 1 dxlink receiver connect and 1 dx link transmitter, I found out that a bluray can pass to DXlink but it does not on HDMI out, any thoughts,,,Blurayis connected to HDMI input
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Hey there edgelitoc, rather than reviving old threads and cross posting its a great practice to first search for your existing solutions (this is painful at the moment I know, but can still reveal some decent information). If that doesn't turn up anything relevant don't be afraid to start a new thread rather than tacking onto an unrelated one. This will give you the best chance of getting an accurate response and will also help anyone in the future that has the same or similar question.