Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks
Options

NEC E Series monitor

I discovered the hard way the E552 monitor from NEC does not ship with the RS232 port enabled. I had to go into the support menu to enable it.
To get to the support menu, you have to hit menu the type 1999. Go down to the line 34 to enable it then go to the line that says "reset to virgin".
One more thing to know is that the E series will not accept the NEC short commands.
NEC support was ready to do an RMA before we discovered these hidden treasures.

Now you know.

Comments

• Options
    I also wasted an entire day with NEC support trying to get an E-series display to respond. You can also just go to the Reset to Default settings option in the main menu, pull the power for a minute or so, and when you plug power back in, RS-232 will be enabled.
  • Options
    chippychippy Posts: 5
    THANKS for that!
    Kenny wrote: »
    I discovered the hard way the E552 monitor from NEC does not ship with the RS232 port enabled. I had to go into the support menu to enable it.
    To get to the support menu, you have to hit menu the type 1999. Go down to the line 34 to enable it then go to the line that says "reset to virgin".
    One more thing to know is that the E series will not accept the NEC short commands.
    NEC support was ready to do an RMA before we discovered these hidden treasures.

Now you know.

I had 2 of them.. 1 worked OOB one didn't..swapped everything over and fail..
    I thought it might be something stupid, so I decided to search the forum before I threw a chair into it.
    I am very grateful for the post...everyone is calm now.