Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

popup allways on top?

Hello,

is there a way to keep a popup allways on top over any later loaded popup?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Popup Page Properties:

Genaral>Modal>No

Change this value to Yes
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Changing modality to YES also prevents use of any button that is not on the modal pop, even if visible.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I prefer to make my own "modal" popups. I make a popup the size of the entire screen - 800x480 for instance - and have a black semi-transparent fill color and then build the popup on there. This way, there's no confusion that even though you can see the buttons that are not part of the modal popup, they're clearly "under" the popup.
  • jjames wrote: »
    I prefer to make my own "modal" popups. I make a popup the size of the entire screen - 800x480 for instance - and have a black semi-transparent fill color and then build the popup on there. This way, there's no confusion that even though you can see the buttons that are not part of the modal popup, they're clearly "under" the popup.

I do that too.

And if needed you can set a button to be "Above popups" so the user still has access to it. Although I'd say there's most likely a better solution if you find yourself considering that option.
  • MorgoZMorgoZ Posts: 116
    thanks for the answers,

Modal is not a solution for me since i need to set a popup over other popups on the screen, but all of them are usefull and must not be disabled.

Maybe setting the buttons of the popup to be allways over all popups could be a solution, but i couldn´t find where is that option. Any help?

Thank you angain!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    MorgoZ wrote: »
    thanks for the answers,

Modal is not a solution for me since i need to set a popup over other popups on the screen, but all of them are usefull and must not be disabled.

Maybe setting the buttons of the popup to be allways over all popups could be a solution, but i couldn´t find where is that option. Any help?

Thank you angain!

Hmmm.. What exactly are you trying to accomplish. Perhaps we might suggests a better way to achieve it.
  • MorgoZMorgoZ Posts: 116
    Ok,

i´ve got two popups, one big (virtual keyboard occupying full horizontal screen) and one smaller (virtual mouse), so i need that if a user opens the mouse and then the one of the keyboard, the popup of the mouse must be allways over the popup of the keyboard.
    If i use the "Modal" option, once the popup of the mouse is open, the popup of the keyboard would turn disabled, and that is not acceptable.

Thanks again for all the help!!
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    MorgoZ wrote: »
    Ok,

i´ve got two popups, one big (virtual keyboard occupying full horizontal screen) and one smaller (virtual mouse), so i need that if a user opens the mouse and then the one of the keyboard, the popup of the mouse must be allways over the popup of the keyboard.
    If i use the "Modal" option, once the popup of the mouse is open, the popup of the keyboard would turn disabled, and that is not acceptable.

Thanks again for all the help!!

Why don't you just send the @PPN-Mouse command at every button press?
    Paul
  • Or, if possible, make the popups so that they aren't covering each other up? The other thing you could do is make it so that if the mouse pop-up is touched, it re-sends the command to show the mouse pop-up, bringing it back to the top. The same thing could be done with the keyboard, so that whichever one the user is using is the one that is on top.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    An obvious alternative is to include the mouse button again as part of the keyboard, so you don't need to juggle.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    See! All good suggestions. :)
  • Underscore = Always On Top

Use an underscore in the pop-up name to force it to always be on top. So if you named you mouse pop-up "_Mouse" and the Keyboard just "Keyboard", the _Mouse pop-up will always be on top no matter what order they are opened.

Check out the TPDesign Operation Reference guide under the section "Naming Popup Pages".
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Use an underscore in the pop-up name to force it to always be on top. So if you named you mouse pop-up "_Mouse" and the Keyboard just "Keyboard", the _Mouse pop-up will always be on top no matter what order they are opened.

Check out the TPDesign Operation Reference guide under the section "Naming Popup Pages".

Sure, read the manual. That's cheating.
    Paul
  • What I said back in 2012 is still true today for G4 panels, but despite what it says in the TPD5 Instruction manual, I cannot get popup order to work. Is this a lost functionality I was not aware of?
  • gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    That was missed in the G4 to G5 code conversion. I've created a ticket and we'll try to get it in the next firmware release as part of the effort to add back in modal popup support.