Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

How to get back into settings?

I've accidently disabled the front button access on a MXT-1000. How do I get back into the setting page to enable it?

I understand some older panels had a trick. That does not seem to work on the x-series.

(Operation manual totally useless)

Comments

• Options
    Hi CopperTop,

If you are running FW version 2.103.52 there is a backdoor way to have the setup pages come up at startup for Modero-X panels.
    1) Reboot the panel
    2) You will see AMX logo come up, then after a few seconds you will see 3 dots below the logo.
    3) When you see the dots first come up, press the bottom right side of the screen. The bottom right press will only be detected for a few seconds while the dots aren't moving, so you have to be quick.
    4) The dots will begin to scroll and the panel should start up into the setup pages.

Some other options:
    1) If you know the IP, telnet into the panel and type "setup"
    2) If you are running FW before 2.103.52, you can upgrade the FW over a USB stick (to 2.103.52). See users guide for instructions. Then you can follow the procedure I described above.
    3) You can also revert to factory firmware. This will completely revert the panel back to factory condition, so make sure you are ok with losing all your pages/settings!. When a Modero-X panel boots up, press the "3 dots" before they start moving. This will initiate a revert to factory firmware recovery. Again, this will revert back to FW version the panel was shipped with and all user pages/settings will be lost.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    amxcjc wrote: »
    If you are running FW version 2.103.52 there is a backdoor way to have the setup pages come up at startup.
    1) Reboot the panel
    2) You will see AMX logo come up, then after a few seconds you will see 3 dots below the logo.
    3) When you see the dots first come up, press the bottom right side of the screen. The bottom right press will only be detected for a few seconds while the dots aren't moving, so you have to be quick.
    4) The dots will begin to scroll and the panel should start up into the setup pages.

Some other options:
    1) If you know the IP, telnet into the panel and type "setup"
    2) If you are running FW before 2.103.52, you can upgrade the FW over a USB stick (to 2.103.52). See users guide for instructions. Then you can follow the procedure I described above.
    3) You can also revert to factory firmware. This will completely revert the panel back to factory condition, so make sure you are ok with losing all your pages/settings!. When the panel boots up, press the "3 dots" before they start moving. This will initiate a revert to factory firmware recovery.
    Thanks for the info about use of "dots" :)

Vincèn
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    vincen wrote: »
    Thanks for the info about use of "dots" :)

Vincèn
    Now i have to boot mine up and check out these moving dots. All i recall is AMX30 in some sort of paint brush font and what's the 30 all about anyway. 30 years in biz?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Panels up to the MVP-8400 would go into setup if you held your finger in the middle of the screen while powering it up. Not sure if the "dot" trick supersedes that in the newer models.
  • Options
    vining wrote: »
    Now i have to boot mine up and check out these moving dots. All i recall is AMX30 in some sort of paint brush font and what's the 30 all about anyway. 30 years in biz?

Yes, the 30 was a nod to 30 years of AMXing.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Panels up to the MVP-8400 would go into setup if you held your finger in the middle of the screen while powering it up. Not sure if the "dot" trick supersedes that in the newer models.

I've edited my post above to clarify what was Modero-X specific. It is true that previous panels would allow you to press the screen during bootup to allow flipping automatically to setup pages.

Unlike previous panel, Modero-X panels use capacitive touch. Since they are self calibrating at boot up, we like to discourage the presence of fingers on the screen when booting. Hence the change in the way the "backdoor" to setup was implemented.

Chris
  • Options
    This worked great. Thanks!