Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Beta

Setup Port (0) Internal Functions : Issues

DigiMeDigiMe Posts: 59
It seems that, of the 0 setup-port functions I have tested, none are working. I checked the PDF that was included with the win 8 setup apps and it did NOT mention this being a current known issue.

Address Port: 0

Address Code:
Time Display - NO
Date Display - NO

Level Port: 0
Level Code:
Time Level Minute - NO
Time Level Month - NO
Time Level Day - NO

I have just started testing by building a demo UI and having only scratch the surface (no pun intended)

Hardware: ASUS Vivo Tab RT TF600T

Comments

• What do you mean by "none are working"?
  • DigiMe wrote: »
    It seems that, of the 0 setup-port functions I have tested, none are working.

Can I ask, were you connected to a NetLinx controller when testing? The time/date functions are relative to the NetLinx master, and not the devices internal time/date settings. i.e. these functions only populate with relevant data when connected to a NetLinx master.

If you are still experiencing problems with those setup-port functions, would you mind posting the TP4 file example?

Thanks
  • DigiMeDigiMe Posts: 59
    Thank you for replying.

Yes, the Tablet was connected to one of my masters.

By none, I mean that what would normally work on the iOS TPControl as well as standard AMX Touch Panels, are not working with this beta app.

I have some UI clock and calendar animations that utilize the setup-port 0. The attached image will show what it looks like.

PS - The "Hour Hand" on my clock is controlled via code as there was not an easy way to emulate the gradual moment of a typical hour hand on a normal analog clock.

My UI file is about 7 MBs so i can't attach it. I have loaded onto my local ftp server:

site: ftp://digime.homeip.net
    user: tpcontrol
    pass: tpcontrol

Thank you for your help,
    My FTP Site

For all those who are trying to log-in using anonymous..............IT IS DISABLED......SO STOP.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Did you make that clock/calender or is that available on an AMX design? If so which one? Since it has the AMX logo on the clock I figure you probably didn't make it and it might be available on an AMX gui. If you made it then nice job.
    Clock UI

I sort-of made it. I found the graphics from several locations and put them together. I added the AMX logo......well....not sure why I did that (Just used the AMX Bold Font). I am by no means a graphic artist.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    DigiMe wrote: »
    I added the AMX logo......well....not sure why I did that (Just used the AMX Bold Font). I am by no means a graphic artist.
    Well i think it's cool and i know the clock you speak of (i think) and can figure the rest but copy and paste would have been soooo much easier. :)
  • Confirmed: time/date fields are not automatically updating.

If you add the 'Time: Get Time' function to a page they present the correct data (initially), although the data is not then refreshed automatically for each related function.

This will be addressed in an upcoming build.

Thanks for the report.
  • Please check out TPControl (BETA) for Win8/RT v1.0.0.81 posted for download here: http://www.touchpanelcontrol.com/guest/tpcontrol/Win8RT/TPCWin8_BETA.zip

Release notes are included in the archive.