Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Modero 8400 Jammed in Wall Docking Station

I received a call from an out of town client who can not remove his 8400 from the Wall Docking Station. He is getting power to the unit but not getting any response from the WDS. I do not think he uses the stylus, but am aware it could be not seated properly.

Does anybody have a method to remove the panel without damaging the panel, the WDS or wall?

Thank You in Adavance

David Groves
DG Sales and Service

Comments

• travistravis Posts: 180
    On the 5100 dock, you jam something between the panel and the dock on the top middle, and it releases the catch ( a cable tie works). It might say something similar in the 8400 docs?
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Power down the dock and power it back up while holding the release button from memory.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    There's a few posts on this you can search for but the first attempt should be to kill power to the dock which may or may not that easy to do but worst case get some walkie talkies and find the breaker that feeds the power supply if that is hidden. It shouldn't be inaccessible but... OK, with the power off hold the center button on the dock and re-apply power, keep holding and hopefully it will open. If not find those threads that discuss the use of screwdrivers.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    If it's physically wedged (usually bad stylus placement), your only choice is power it down so the magnet is disengaged, then try to carefully pry it out of the dock. It's not fun.
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    I've never done this, but previous threads on this topic indicate that if you can disable power to the wall unit that you can use a slender piece of plastic to snake around the hook holding the panel in the dock and cause it to release.

What sort of plastic? Something like a relatively stiff plastic ruler or something about the stiffness of those plastic flow chart templates that we used to use before the age of visio.

The way the story goes is that the snap holding the panel in the dock needs to be bumped towards the top of the panel. So, what you need is a plastic ruler (or similar) with a cutout which can be hooked around the snap and used to pull the snap upwards.

We had one of these about a year or two ago and I was working on a solution, but one of the guys with the screwdrivers and soldering irons attacked the problem with a lot less subtlety and I never got to try it out. We should be happy that they don't have hammers.