Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TP4 importing images

If you import an image into a TP4 project where is it stored? I assume it is not attached to the TP4 project you are working on. Can you delete imported images as I have lots of old ones I no longer use.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Yeah, they do get embedded into the TP4 file you create and are not just a reference to a graphics file somewhere else. That would be slick f you could do that! But, it is a very good idea to remove any unused graphics for obvious reasons. It also helps to optimize the ones you do use as well. I do ths in photoshop myself.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    You sure can. All assets are stored within the TP4 file. This makes it nice and portable as you can check it in to a version control system or send it round to other developers without having to worry about links to external resources. To delete an asset open up your resource manager in TPDesign (Panel -> Resource Manager, or by using the 'paintbucket' icon on your toolbar) then just select the assets you want to remove and hit delete. If these are currently in use within your project it'll also give you a bit a warning.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    PhreaK wrote: »
    You sure can. All assets are stored within the TP4 file. This makes it nice and portable as you can check it in to a version control system or send it round to other developers without having to worry about links to external resources. To delete an asset open up your resource manager in TPDesign (Panel -> Resource Manager, or by using the 'paintbucket' icon on your toolbar) then just select the assets you want to remove and hit delete. If these are currently in use within your project it'll also give you a bit a warning.

Just by way of additional comment that might be helpful, don't try to delete a hundred images at once; it's a heck of a lot easier if they are in use to just delete the a smaller bunch at a time, note the ones in use, and try again.