Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware AutoPatch Forum

HDMI-UTPRO-0808

I got the HDMI switcher to switch through the a Netlinx but I am having problems sending IR commands to the UTPRO-RX. I send the file to be stored on it but when I try to pulse it does not work. Furthermore, I am trying to receive R1-Mio through the reciever and nothing. Please, let me know if there is a trick I am missing here.

Thank you.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    What port numbers are you declaring in code?
  • kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    I am sending to port 3 for IR transmit and watching on port 1 for IR receive. I am trying to see the ir receive on the notifications but do not see when the client is pressing his R1 remote. I left the default devices for the HDMI-PRO as 5500, 5501,5502, etc.
    I just realized that the R1 is tracked through channel events - sorry I am used to using RTI remotes. I am guessing that the UTPro does not allow pulse either - I am have to use a send_command SP.
    Its not that it doesn't allow it. It's just a poor method considering the trouble you're having. The PULSE command is essentially your Netlinx controller sending a channel on, then channel off to the device. The time it keeps the channel on is determined by the SET PULSE TIME command and it is global for everything the master PULSEs, not just your one device. So sending SET PULSE TIME ( to whatever changes even the pulse of relays, IOs, other IR ports, etc...

By sending the SP command to the IR port the port then pays attention to the CTOF and CTON settings for that specific port. By first sending the CTOF and CTON values you can really fine tune both the pulse time and the amount of space between one command and another. It gives you much greater ability to tweak IR performance.

Edited to add hat I didn't intend on putting a frowns face emoticon on this post. I actually very happy right now. :)
    You are absolutely correct - I used to use alot of pulse commands in the Axcent world. It is sometimes a bad habit. SP command is better. The issue I am having here is that I am not seeing any notification coming back to me when the client is pressing the R1 remote - I am suppose to see channels going on or off. I am wondering if the client put the IR03 in the wrong place. Furthermore, I do not seem to be controlling the IR devices through the UTPro-RX units.
    I'm not in front of my computer at the moment. But I seem to remember you saying you were watching port 1 for events from the remote. I don't think this is correct for some reason. But there is a way to double check either way. Look in the online tree of Netlinx Studio for the device and 'plus' open the devices tree to see how many ports it shows. Make note of that and then set up a watch in diagnostics for all those ports and see which one fires (if any). If you're certain that you don't have any events firing on any port then you may have a hardware issue with the IR receiver.
    I see the devices online. I am checking on all ports on all devices and do not see any notifciation sent to me when the client presses the R1 buttons. I think there is an issue with the hardware or the IR03 is plugged in the wrong port.
    An update on the system - I had to send the whole unit in for repair because it will not take firmware update. AMX technician was able to test the IR TX and IR RX. He told he was working. I was able to control my remote IR devices now. But I still have an issue with IR RX. I have asked the client to switch to a brand new IR03 to see if that helps. I am wondering if I have to do anything with the R1 frequency. There nothing out there that states what frequency the IR03 uses.
    I have tried everything on the IR03 and nothing seem to work with the R1 remote. Let me know if I need to do something with the IR03. I am not sure if I need to send a file to the receiver port or something on the UTPro. My initial thought was it was just suppose to work. It looks like I am missing something here.