Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

TP4 Scrolling Buttons/Sub pages

Two quick questions..... have not been able to find the answer thus far....

1. Can you jump to a subpage view using a button.

2. Can you change the sensitivity of the scrolling on subpages - the scroll seems to move/jump very easily.

Comments

• Options
    gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    1. The subpage show command ^SSH will move the specified subpage into the anchor position.
    2. Scrolling sensitivity is not adjustable.
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Is there an easy way to know which sub-page is currently being shown?

Last year I was able to get this working (a complete hack) by having a different dynamic image on each sub-page, then setting up a custom event to get notified when that dynamic image was loaded. Not the most reliable method but it worked for the short time I needed it. Tech Note 1016 looks like might cover what I need but I haven't looked at the examples yet.

My end goal is to have iPhone-esque "dots" so the user knows which page is being viewed, as well as how many pages are in total.

ALSO I agree on needing a sensitivity setting. Trying to use sub-pages to flip one page at a time isn't as easy as it should be if you swipe to quickly.
  • Options
    Colzie wrote: »
    Is there an easy way to know which sub-page is currently being shown?

Last year I was able to get this working (a complete hack) by having a different dynamic image on each sub-page, then setting up a custom event to get notified when that dynamic image was loaded. Not the most reliable method but it worked for the short time I needed it. Tech Note 1016 looks like might cover what I need but I haven't looked at the examples yet.

My end goal is to have iPhone-esque "dots" so the user knows which page is being viewed, as well as how many pages are in total.

ALSO I agree on needing a sensitivity setting. Trying to use sub-pages to flip one page at a time isn't as easy as it should be if you swipe to quickly.

There was a tech note awhile back about feedback from the container. Required a firmware upgrade but it does work. Based on Custom Events indicating what pages are in and out of view and which page is at the docked location.
  • Options
    Two quick questions..... have not been able to find the answer thus far....

1. Can you jump to a subpage view using a button.

2. Can you change the sensitivity of the scrolling on subpages - the scroll seems to move/jump very easily.

+1. On being able to adjust Sensitivity of subpages.

Another issue with subpages (&popups) is I can only copy one at once in TP4.I know this issue has been raised many times by various people over many years on the forums and directly with AMX, but I have not been able to find the answer thus far.

It would be really great if someone from AMX could tell me why I cannot copy/paste more than one popup/subpage at once. Or perhaps tell me when this feature will be made available:)