Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

DVX System- First Install what to lookout for

Hello All,
We were hesitant to try... now we are finally doing it. I have faith..(or should I ) Our programmer has done a handful and is confident in that regards... however everything the first time isn't always fun. Is there anything to do right out of the box that could save some time?

We are going to be using a 6x3 DVX and the config is basic...

Sources will be.

Cable HDMI
BluRay HDMI
LifeSize HDMI
2 Table inputs using AVB-TX-MULTIDXLINK transmitters
1 Local Rack PC

One Display using AVB-RX-DXLINK-HDMI receiver
Display Audio no additional speakers

We truly appreciate any insight or suggestions.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Before doing anything else, make sure you update the firmware on the Enova system and the DXLink transmitters and receivers to the latest version that is on the AMX website. There have been a number of video and audio issues resolved as the firmware has progressed through to its current iteration.
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Auser wrote: »
    Before doing anything else, make sure you update the firmware on the Enova system and the DXLink transmitters and receivers to the latest version that is on the AMX website. There have been a number of video and audio issues resolved as the firmware has progressed through to its current iteration.

Second this, also there are commands you have to send to the DXLink ports to enable ethernet to pass along them so you can control the transmitters and receivers. I think the latest firmware notes say they finally fixed it so you only have to send those commands once, but last time I did a system those commands needed to be resent on every reboot.

Also, make sure you set the dip switches on the transmitters and receivers to match your application before you put them somewhere hard to get to/check.
  • thanks for the tips. we have configured everything and are looking great. Testing starting Thursday but eveything already looking very good!