Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Page Commands: Previous Page?

Since I've never seen this documented I assumed it just wasn't possible or I just couldn't find something that was obvious to everyone else. Today I again wanted that functionality in my code and looked in PI once more and still found nothing so I decided to try >diagnostics>control device, send_command>"'PAGE-'" to my TP and it worked like a charm. So sending PAGE- with out a page name effectively works as TPD4 "previous page - n/a".

Has this been public knowledge for the last 10 years and I've just had my head up my a$$ or what?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    For what it's worth, I never heard of it.
  • trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    Nice tip thanks for sharing!
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I never heard of it.
    Hmmm, I wonder if this is just an advantageous bug then? With my luck I'll use it as previous page: n/a and then a firmware change down the road will fix it. I never understood why there wasn't a command for it and I did a couple of forum searches on the subject and I wasn't able to find any previous members asking why it wasn't available either.

I'm almost afraid to use it now for fear it will bite me in the a.. later. :(

Any AMXers out there have an input? Will "'PAGE-'" with out any name continue to work as TPD4 previous page: n/a does or might this change with out notice. And while you're here why don't we have that feature as a documented command anyway? Seems a like a fundamental feature to provide.
  • gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    It was a bug. The feature will be supported going forward and we'll get it added to future documentation.
    gsmith wrote: »
    It was a bug. The feature will be supported going forward and we'll get it added to future documentation.

Just goes to show that some bugs are good. Thanks for the feedback and not sqaushing this beneficial bug.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    So is there another bug that allows you to go forward a page using 'PAGE+' if you've gone back a page using the 'PAGE-' bug? :D
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    gsmith wrote: »

Can we add a request for a "TOGGLE POPUP" command through code then? Why not shoot for the moon, right?
    the8thst wrote: »
    Can we add a request for a "TOGGLE POPUP" command through code then? Why not shoot for the moon, right?
    Have you ever tried this:
    "'PPOG-<popup page name>;<page name>'"

Toggle a specific popup page on either a specified page or the current

page.

If the page name is empty, the current page is used (see example 2).

Toggling refers to the activating/deactivating (On/Off) of a popup page.

This command works in the same way as the 'Toggle Popup' command in TPDesign4.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    vining wrote: »
    Have you ever tried this:

I have searched PI for that command on multiple occasions. I guess I didn't search well enough.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have searched PI for that command on multiple occasions. I guess I didn't search well enough.

I find PI to be extremely frustrating to find information in. Half the time I go to look for what a SEND_COMMAND syntax is, or what other commands are available for a device, and all I get is the revision history.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I find PI to be extremely frustrating to find information in. Half the time I go to look for what a SEND_COMMAND syntax is, or what other commands are available for a device, and all I get is the revision history.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer a big text file or Excel spreadsheet that I could just do a quick seach sometimes.
    Don't feel bad, I just happen to know it was there since prior to starting this post I went through all the page commands again for probably the 100th time looking for a command to simulate TPD4's previous page:n/a. It's only because I wasn't looking a pop up toggle command that I found it and fortunately I remembered seeing it. If I was looking for it, it could have bit me in the a ss and I still wouldn't have found it.