Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

DXLINK-HDMI RX IR Port

KennyKenny Posts: 209
Has anyone used the IR out Port on the DXLINK-HDMI Rx boxes?
I need to control some tvs ON/OFF and have lots issues.
Using IrEdit, I can pulse the IR port 27 and 28 and the tv responds correctly about 95% of the time. I have adjusted the pulse times but I can not get 100% accuracy.
Using the PULSE in code causes the IR port to stick on and requires a power cycle of the DXLink box to turn off.
I have used 'SP' send_command with limited success. I have also set the PTON and PTOF times to various values with limited success as well. It seems the boxes need to be power cycled before the PTON commands take.
I have 3 tvs that worked fine with the old IRS4 cards but now that we have swapped out to use the DXLINK-HDMI device, these 3 tvs refuse to cooperate 100% of the time.

Thanks.

Comments

• the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I have used IR out on a ton of DXLink boxes and have not seen any of the issues you mentioned.
    Both all keywords pulse, SP, to, min_to work as expected.

Take a look at network configuration or change the connection mode to URL for the DXlink boxes in question.
  • nickmnickm Posts: 152
    On a similar note, has anyone been able to use the IR port on a DXLINK box as one-way serial? I attempted for just a few minutes at the end of a project a few weeks ago, but could not make it work.
  • sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    I've used the IR port as one way serial with no issues. You do need to make sure that the dip switches are set (1 + 3 ON) and that the DXLink box is connected to the applicable master correctly.

Simon