Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion London Architect with Soundweb London

Dante, AVB and Blu-link

Hi, I was reading London architect and end with a doubt.
I need to have some London soundwebs with Dante and some soundwebs with AVB but I need to connect them with Blu-link.
Does anyone knows if this is gone to work or not?
I understand I can't have Dante Soundwebs connected to 2 different Dante Networks or to 2 different AVB networks.

Comments

• Yes it will work.
    The Dante devices can get their sync from the BLU link network. (The AVB devices cannot.)
    So one of your AVB devices would be the master clock for the AVB network and it would also be the master clock for the BLU link network. Then the Dante device would be set to \"Sync to BLU Link\" in London Architect and \"Preferred Master\" in Dante Controller. So the Dante clock master would get its sync from BLU Link.
  • thanks
  • Yes it will work.
    The Dante devices can get their sync from the BLU link network. (The AVB devices cannot.)
    So one of your AVB devices would be the master clock for the AVB network and it would also be the master clock for the BLU link network. Then the Dante device would be set to \"Sync to BLU Link\" in London Architect and \"Preferred Master\" in Dante Controller. So the Dante clock master would get its sync from BLU Link.

Is this something that's likely to be addressed in a future update? It doesn't appear to be a limitation of AVB itself, as MOTU devices that are AVB network clock master can themselves be resolved to wordclock. I'm considering BSS to implement a Dante to AVB bridge but would wish to resolve AVB devices to a house clock.