Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion BSS Archive General Discussion

FCS 966 graphic sliders

Hi
I need to replace some sliders on my FCS 966 graphic
I live in UK
where can I get these sliders from ????

thanks

Comments

• BSS distributors are charged with providing sales, repairs, spare parts and technical support in each country.
    In the UK, the distributor is Sound Technology.
    You can find any worldwide distributor from the BUY page of the BSS Audio website.
  • On some newer equipment, on/off rocker switches are marked with a hyphen on one side and a circle on the other, while others have a hyphen on one side and nothing at all on the other. Since a hyphen could be a minus sign and a circle could be a zero, while nothing is vacancy, how does one decide which side is on and which is off? Wouldn't a minus and a plus (or a zero and a plus) be clearer? This matter is of major importance if the unit is misbehaving and one has to know whether the power is actually on.
  • BennyBenny Posts: 1
    On some newer equipment, on/off rocker switches are marked with a hyphen on one side and a circle on the other, while others have a hyphen on one side and nothing at all on the other. Since a hyphen could be a minus sign and a circle could be a zero, while nothing is vacancy, how does one decide which side is on and which is off? Wouldn't a minus and a plus (or a zero and a plus) be clearer? This matter is of major importance if the unit is misbehaving and one has to know whether the power is actually on.

To answer the above posting by zohaa3492, who is obviously confused (and which wasn't actually relevant to this thread anyway)

The symbol is not a \"hyphen\" or a \"minus sign\" but the international symbol (IEC 5007) for \"Power On\", based on the number one, i.e. \"1\".
    The international symbol for \"Power Off\" (IEC 5008) is based on zero, so looks like \"O\".

So off is O and on is 1, to make it clear in any language.

I'm surprised you would not know this because these symbols have been used internationally for over 40 years, since 1973. They are used on all electronic equipment throughout the world.
  • semajjames,

I 'fixed' a couple of broken sliders on an FCS-366 last week. They were not just missing the knobs, but the metal tangs had broken off completely. Both on same channel, 250 and 1k25 IIRC.

Anyway, I removed the (intact) 25Hz faders from both channels, and substituted them for the broken ones. At least up to those frequencies, the faders are the same value - 50KOhm - and frankly I don't really need to tweak at 25Hz.

After unscrewing the case and disconnecting the toroid, you'll find the PCB behind the front panel is attached to the case with 8 metal spring clips that just need releasing with a screwdriver (eye protection!) to free the board.

Clean the pots and faders while it's open (Caig/DeOxit FaderLube- the green stuff), give the case a good wipe over, and it should be good for ages. Probably easier than replacing the broken ones unless you have loads to fix.

HTH,
    AP