Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion BSS Archive General Discussion

Control Panels, IPAD, LA and SA

Trying to take a custom control panel that i made in LA and bring it to the IPAD.. Every time i try and copy and paste from the clipboard, SA wants to paste a momentary button instead of a fader or meter.. Is there a way to take the whole custom panel and transfer it over?? If not, Is a netbook the best way to give the customer access to the custom panel? Here is a pic of the panel. Thanks for help .

Comments

• There is no way to copy the whole custom panel over to SA. It was never intended for this to be possible.
    The panel has to be built from scratch in System Architect. It shouldn't take too long to re-create your custom panel.
    A netbook or a tablet PC running LA are an alternative to the iPad. The iPad probably wins with regards to ease of use. The tablet PC would win with regards to functionality (and price).
  • While messing around today I noticed the \"Create Link to Panel\" function.. I made a \"home\" control panel with a bunch of those links and also added the button for the \"home page\" on all the other panels that i wanted links to.. The buttons do not show up in motion control. Tried with the button, and the system on/off button options...Once in Motion Control It is strange that when I minimize the panel to change to another one I can see the Link buttons but once I select a page the buttons are not there..
  • Motion Control does not have that functionality at this time. It is a popular request.
  • IPad 4 (retina display) its more bang for your buck the iPad 4 has a better processor (a6x vs. a5) the a5 is in the iPod 5 and is considerably slower, the iPad mini is literally an enlarged iPod 5. iPad 4 is faster, and I believe has a better camera (should check) and is bigger by 1.8 inches.
    for dinner
  • I'd go for iPad 4 - retina display is something that makes a difference (I know it sounds superficial, but it was something that convinced me to buy it;)
  • \MrClaims\ wrote:
    I'd go for iPad 4 - retina display is something that makes a difference (I know it sounds superficial, but it was something that convinced me to buy it;)

I agree, I just got mine and i feel the way too. :)
  • It was never intended for this to be possible.
    The panel has to be built from scratch in System Architect. It shouldn't take too long to re-create your custom panel.
    A netbook or a tablet PC running LA are an alternative to the iPad.
  • Thank Jerome King
    thank thank :lol: