Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London
Options

Audio Architect Ethernet Trigger

Hello,
I am trying to control a few basic functions of a linux machine using the ethernet trigger on a BLU-100. I wrote a basic python script that establishes a TCP connection with the BLU-100 and can successfully receive strings and carry out the tasks assigned to them. The only problem I'm having is that after about 30 minutes, the BLU-100 closes the connection. From searching around online, it looks like the BLU-100 might be closing the connection because the linux machine hasn't sent anything in response to the received packets (other than the initial handshake). If I set the linux machine to echo back the strings that the BLU-100 is sending should that fix the problem or will it bog down the BLU-100? The other solution I was considering is to setup the logic section of the BLU-100 to only initiate the TCP connection just before it sends the string and then end it right after. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    There is no timeout. The BLU-100 does not explicitly close the connection after 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Nick
    Any chance you could share the python code? I am attempting something similar.
  • Options
    nick6811nick6811 Posts: 5
    Thanks Jerome.

Dave,
    If you're still interested in the code, PM me.