Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive
Options

FDS-388

I have a fds388 that i would give a factory reset and update the firmware.

How shoud i do this, i can't find anything anymore on the side.

Richard

Comments

• Options
    David BDavid B Posts: 14
    Hey, reset as follows:
    Hold down utility and the top left soft button.
    This takes you into a test page
    Hit the option to clear the ram.

I don't know where the firmware files are hosted, sorry. Though I doubt there have been any updates for some years.

D.
  • Options
    Crown123Crown123 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    How shoud i do this, i can't find anything anymore on the side.
  • Options
    lourencohenlourencohen Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
    I guess there is user manual for FDS-388 is available online, you can download the same and get the steps to do a reset and firmware update with the FDS-388. As far as I know a normal update you do can help you in the firmware updates.
  • Options
    There is no firmware update available for the FDS-388. The firmware is burnt onto an EEPROM which cannot be updated. It can only be replaced by another EEPROM.
    Open your device and check the version number on the EEPROM. Version 1.28 is the latest.

We can give you the firmware if you can burn it onto an EEPROM yourself.

FDS-388%20inside2.jpg
  • Options
    SumerSumer Posts: 2
    If you require technical support, these forums are not necessarily the place to get it, they are, as the name alludes- a user group- not a route to technical support.

There is a cunningly titled 'support' page on the BSS website that will allow you to send a message directly to a technical support person in your timezone. Wink
  • Options
    Perhaps there may be end user guide for FDS-388 can be acquired on-line, you possibly can acquire exactly the same and acquire this actions to complete the reset in addition to firmware bring up to date with all the FDS-388. Where I know a normal bring up to date you do can assist you inside the firmware messages.