Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London

Most basic question...just trying to get unit online

Hello...

My apologies for the stupid question, I'm just starting with Soundweb Londons, I've been working with basic Soundwebs (green front) for many years and can pretty much handle anything with them.

So I've got my design done in Audio Architect, and I thought I'd try actually connecting a London unit to my computer to control it.

In AA v1.75, I used HiQnet NetSetter to show what units I'm connected to, and the unit (BLU-16) shows up, but in the STATUS column it says \"Locked\"

A window keeps popping up with a field to enter Admin Password.

Any suggestions on how to get my little BLU-16 unlocked??

Thanks EVER so much!! :D

Comments

• kennewmankennewman Posts: 11
    Many thanks to Patrick at BSS support for walking me through the rather complex answer to this seemingly simple question on the phone just now!

Turns out the unit had outdated firmware, which was so far out of date that first I had to run London Architect to get it somewhat updated, and then back in Audio Architect I was able to update it the rest of the way.

The unit is now online and operating perfectly!!

Onward and upward!
  • Hello Kennewman or somebody from BSS team!
    I'm with same problem in a client mine, where there are 9 BLU-800, with one locked.
    Can you please inform the procedure to unlock?
  • Hi Guys,

Have anyone experience from the Netsetter that the device is locked and a window keeps pooping up for the password? I cannot control my EC-8BV for this issue. I am using AA 1.90.

Thank you.

Wilson
  • Based on what Patrick from BSS told me last year, I just did the same thing again.
    I just purchased a used BLU-80 that was showing as \"Locked\" on Audio Architect, and a window kept popping up asking for a password.

I downloaded LONDON Architect, found the unit with that program, and then performed a firmware update to it.

Then I quit LONDON Architect and opened AUDIO Architect, where I was now able to see the BLU-80, and it was NOT showing as \"Locked\" so I was able to do another firmware update.

Now it shows up in Netsetter and I'm able to match devices and everything! :D
  • Based on what Patrick from BSS told me last year, I just did the same thing again.
    I just purchased a used BLU-80 that was showing as \"Locked\" on Audio Architect, and a window kept popping up asking for a password.

I downloaded LONDON Architect, found the unit with that program, and then performed a firmware update to it.

Then I quit LONDON Architect and opened AUDIO Architect, where I was now able to see the BLU-80, and it was NOT showing as \"Locked\" so I was able to do another firmware update.

Now it shows up in Netsetter and I'm able to match devices and everything!

I downloaded and installed LONDON Architect, found the unit with that program, and then performed a firmware update to it.

Now it shows up in Netsetter and I'm able to match devices and everything!