Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London
Options

London Architect and System Architect control pages

Is there a way to switch between the control panels of LA and SA using their native buttons? I have to use these two applications in the same system- one for DSP and the other for amplifier control.
I would like to have a button on each to bring the other to focus.

Windows-Tab or Alt-Tab are OK but I would like to do it more elegantly.

Would something like the Ethernet trigger with the local IP and some command that only exists in the other program work to change focus?

Comments

• Options
    I would say no. There is no mechanism that allows this.

The only way you could get close to this is to use the Logic End which can be used to run a command or batch file. You simple enter the command in the Properties \"Command High\" or \"Command Low\".

To make it launch System Architect you would enter:
    C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Harman Pro\\System Architect 3.40\\SystemArchitect2.exe

Or to make it launch a particular System Architect venue file, you would just enter the path to that file, e.g. C:\\stadium.venue
    This would launch the venue file as if you double clicked on it.

Obviously, this will launch a Venue file, but it won't open a specific custom panel.
  • Options
    J.LuszczekJ.Luszczek Posts: 159
    I found a working solution based on your suggestion.
    With the logic end I trigger a Windows Shell Script, which in turn brings Audio Architect window to the front using the AppActivate method.
    Here is the script:

[code:1]Option Explicit

Dim WshShell
    Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject(\"WScript.Shell\")

WshShell.AppActivate \"Audio\"[/code:1]

You only need to match the first part of the window's name for it to work.
    Now I need to find a way to do it in reverse. The problem is, I have no logic objects in the amplifiers, so I'll have to find another way to trigger a script.