Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Omnidrive/Minidrive

FDS-366T OS limitations for firmware uploader?

Hi all,

Have 2 x FDS-366 - no mention of 'T' or 'NTM' on front panel, but loading screen says FDS-366T, A2.04 on both units; NTM36/52 filters available.

I have downloaded the A2.06 firmware, but no firmware change log to be found.

One unit froze at one point, but worked AOK following restart (could be a dodgy cap/solder joint); I'd like latest firmware - on principle - but not risk bricking the unit getting there...

Updater help file says \"Under MS Windows 95 or 98, start the File Transfer software...\" - does anyone know which 21st century OS versions (XP, 7, 32/64-bit, etc) are known to upload correctly (or known not to!)?

I have an old WinXP box (with proper serial port) somewhere if need be, but 95/98 could be tricky!

TIA for any advice,
AP

Comments

• There is no hardware difference between the 366 and 366T. The difference is simply the firmware. You can therefore load the latest firmware on any device.
    The 366 Loader works fine on XP and 7 32 or 64 bit. If using a USB-Serial adapter then the Prolific or FTDI chipset workreliably.
    Firmware A2.06 fixes the Alignment Assistant.
  • Many thanks Jerome.

Kudos to BSS for continuing to support users of long-extant, but still highly useful, equipment!

Best wishes,
    AP
  • Just for your information, the User Groups are not the place for tech support from BSS. It was fortunate that I saw your question and decided to reply.
    In future, please contact tech support. We can help with most equipment no matter how old.