Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London

Blu-50 and POE+ Switch

Hello,

I have a problem with a Blu-50 and a Cisco Catalyst Switch. The switch supports POE + and the Blu-50 also starts but, I can not connect. Ips and Hqnet addresses are set correctly.

When I all operate with the power supply and only the power producing and then plug in the network cable it works.

I then times to test the POE + switch on but off, then look wildly Locate LED.
I put then starts the power supply back on and the Blu-50 again I get no connection only if, I separate the Blu-50 from the network and power supply, and then, the power adapter and then the network cable insert I get a connection.
The switch is new and there is the problem in other ports

What could that be? Can I switch off the + fully POE on the Blu-50 anyway?

Hope it is understandable .....

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• StarcoStarco Posts: 2
    We've had similar problems with a TP Link POE switch and have had to revert to the included BLU-50 power supply.
  • But this can not be the solution.
    Is aware of the problem? Is there a solution?
  • Please contact your local BSS distributor. You can find your distributor here: http://bssaudio.com/en-US/where_to_buy
  • We have about 10 of them and they all don't work with POE switches, we have tried various switches and usually the power light will just pulse, we always use the power supply.
  • HARMAN_Jerome_KingHARMAN_Jerome_King Posts: 328
    edited November 2016
    Hi Adapla, the BLU-50 needs PoE+. If you try to use PoE then you will get the exact symptoms you describe. PoE+ provides the required wattage. PoE does not. (BLU-50 requires 23W)

From wikipedia:
    The original IEEE 802.3af-2003 PoE standard provides up to 15.4 W of DC power (minimum 44 V DC and 350 mA) on each port. Only 12.95 W is assured to be available at the powered device as some power dissipates in the cable.
    The updated IEEE 802.3at-2009 PoE standard also known as PoE+ or PoE plus, provides up to 25.5 W of power. The 2009 standard prohibits a powered device from using all four pairs for power.
  • I have not worked with the BLU50, but have used other POE+ devices with the Catalsyt switches and know that we have had to ask the network admin to specifically enable the POE+ wattage. The switch would not just negotiate the additional POE+ watts until it was enabled per port.
    This was found with a security camera but it does sound similar. Hope this helps.
  • \jdaddaro\ wrote:
    I have not worked with the BLU50, but have used other POE+ devices with the Catalsyt switches and know that we have had to ask the network admin to specifically enable the POE+ wattage. The switch would not just negotiate the additional POE+ watts until it was enabled per port.
    This was found with a security camera but it does sound similar. Hope this helps.

Hello jdaddaro,

Thank you for your help.
    Yes, I talked to the administrator. We tested all variants. Unfortunately without success. The switch can POE, POE +, POE high, and POE Ultra.
    And the switch is not loaded with your POE performance.